Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Frank Reid[_2_]
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 10th, 2010, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Lessons

On Jan 9, 3:26*pm, scubadiva wrote:
I love fishing, but after buying second house in Oregon, all my
friends up there said I should learn fly fishing. *I live in Camarillo
Forum: Fly Fishing October 14th, 2009, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Dubbing

On Oct 13, 4:44*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Frank Reid" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing October 13th, 2009, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Dubbing

Found something else. Wapsi is selling something called "Palmer
Chenille." Essentially chenille with half inch fibers coming off of
it. Go to the fabric store and find "eyelash yarn." Exact...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 13th, 2009, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Dubbing

Uh, guys, I think we need an intervention here. I just counted up the
total amount of different dubbing and colors I have on my desk. I've
become an addict. If you count the special "frank blends"...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 13th, 2009, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 41
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
A ishing thread

Another thing you can try is something totally different. Float the
Buffalo River in Arkansas for world class smallies. Kings? Michigan
or NY. Just a thought.
Frank Reid
Forum: Fly Fishing October 11th, 2009, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
OT Looking on the bright side ...

Angels Dodgers freeway series. Angels take it in 6.
Frank Reid
Forum: Fly Fishing October 11th, 2009, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Singed hair and broken eardrums

On Oct 10, 8:17*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Frank Reid wrote:
No need for a snow blower around here yet, but the next home game
is the Michigan game on...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 11th, 2009, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Singed hair and broken eardrums

No need for a snow blower around here yet, but the next home game
is the Michigan game on Halloween. Maybe you could arrange for the
Air Force to send some F-16s to blow all the leaves on my...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 11th, 2009, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Singed hair and broken eardrums

Hell, when I saw how close to the ground they were I thought they
were going to land in my yard.

They make great snow blowers. Could have used them this a.m. We were
supposed to get 1/2" of...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 10th, 2009, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Singed hair and broken eardrums

The announcer said they were Texas Air National Guard out of
Lackland AFB in Texas. *TEXAS* for chrissake. What in the hell
is a goddamn plane from *TEXAS* doing in central Illinois
singeing...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 9th, 2009, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 16
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
I've looked at the White from both sides now

Okay, I'm down to Mountain Home for the FFF Southern Council
Conclave. This event is close to, if not exceeding the national
convention. I had some classes (i.e. spey casting in case...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 9th, 2009, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 16
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
I've looked at the White from both sides now

oz, who wades in jeans and $20 hip boots.

I'm looking for waders that go over the head.
Frank Reid

This might be appealing to you Frank?

Forum: Fly Fishing October 8th, 2009, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 16
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
I've looked at the White from both sides now

oz, who wades in jeans and $20 hip boots.

I'm looking for waders that go over the head.
Frank Reid
Forum: Fly Fishing September 29th, 2009, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
New Toy

Awesome language. There is a bar contest to see who can cuss the
longest without repeating themselves. Some have gone for over a half
an hour. Spent a week of language school (6 hours in class a...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 28th, 2009, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 59
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
worst ff thing to lose

On Sep 28, 1:33*pm, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
"David LaCourse" wrote

Dave ( who was NOT a diver in the Navy)

tales of the weird: *about 30 years...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 28th, 2009, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 59
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
worst ff thing to lose

I lost was a bunch of flies in one of my favorite fly boxes, a
Myran eight compartment. Thing is it was in my shirt pocket and if
I had just had the pocket flap buttoned I wouldn't have lost...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
New Toy

On Sep 27, 10:57*pm, Charlie S wrote:
http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPortul/photos/hat_feather.htm

Now, THAT would be fun to wear on a bonefish flat in a...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 28th, 2009, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 59
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
worst ff thing to lose

I'm hearing a bunch of whiners here. How 'bout your life. You know
how that can screw up a weekend? Trust me, been there done that. It
means... that... Hold on. Yeah, I did die. So how the...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 27th, 2009, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
New Toy

A lot of Shriners...?

A lot of turks.
Frank Reid
Forum: Fly Fishing September 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
New Toy

Don't the Hungarians (Magyar folk wear Shackos )sp?)

That is the "national" dress, so yes. The word shacko comes from the
Magyar word csako which is a peaked cap. There are differing...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 27th, 2009, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
New Toy

On Sep 26, 2:58*pm, Bill Grey wrote:
In message
,
Frank Reid ...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 26th, 2009, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
New Toy

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
New Toy

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 24th, 2009, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 19
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
OT- Semper Paratus

Oh, good god! *Another shallow water sailor!

Hmm, brown water, blue water... its all squidly types.
Congrats.
Frank
Forum: Fly Fishing September 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Frank Reid[_2_]
Single Malts

"Teach a man to fish and he'll learn how to drink."

POTM!!! I think that's my new sig line!
Frank Reid
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250