Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Forum: Fly Fishing August 26th, 2006, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
New bug pics and hatch info

wrote:
Do you use a content management system to generate all those
pages? Which one? How does it work?

I wrote the CMS from scratch, which is why it took me so long...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 26th, 2006, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
New bug pics and hatch info

wrote:
I've just finished about 20 months of work creating an online
encylopedia of American fly hatches, illustrated with thousands of
closeup bug pics, mostly of...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 17th, 2006, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Yellowstoned

Did you take a look at the Madison inside the park?
S.T.W.

No, we drove from Bozeman to the Lamar through Gardiner.
I haven't been over to the Madison since the end of the salmon
fly...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 17th, 2006, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Yellowstoned

wrote:
I took a weekday off from work and left early, to go do a little late
summer fishing

Slough Creek was low, but in better shape than Soda Butte and...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 17th, 2006, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Yellowstoned

I took a weekday off from work and left early, to go do a little late
summer fishing
in the Park. Got there early enough to get to the lower end of Slough
Creek at about
7:30 am. Not a soul in...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 15th, 2006, 01:20 PM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
A wild idea

Here's an fringe concept:

Why doesn't someone start a (for profit) online wiki-based fishing
magazine,
where the articles are supplied by the public at large, but an editor
does weed out the...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 15th, 2006, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Driftboat plans/kits/or whatever

jlp wrote:
Have built several diftboats, the last one based on Ray's design (his
shop is in my
neighborhood). Instead of conventional frame construction I used
"stich & glue"

Ray Heater is...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 14th, 2006, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Dryfly Tubefly--Exists or not?

Sandy,

I can't find the reference from roff or rofft, but a couple years ago there
were several posts about pike flies, in particular dahlberg divers tied on
tubes. Sure, a diver isn't...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 10th, 2006, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Dryfly Tubefly--Exists or not?

A dryfly tubefly.........

Is there such a thing?
Has anyone seen or read or heard about a reference to
the idea of a dryfly tubefly before?

.........I made the claim I invented it.
Someone else...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Sulphurs in southeast PA

Steve Cain wrote:
The sulphurs are out in force on the Delaware. Not that I got to take
advantage of that information.

No local information here, but I do have an observation that might...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Driftboat plans/kits/or whatever

SRW wrote:
Any suggestions as to where I can find driftboat plans to build from scratch
(or kit) a driftboat for use on New England and Upstate New York...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 6th, 2006, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Just for the thrill of it.. Ask me a any question.

wrote:

I'm curious. How do you tie and fish very small mayfly emergers in a
small stream?

Hi Tim:

'Tying small mayfly emergers in a small stream' might be tricky.
I'd...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 5th, 2006, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
oh happy day

off topic or on?

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/oceans/la-me-ocean30jul30,0,6670018,full.story
Forum: Fly Fishing July 30th, 2006, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Here's a brilliant concept

Here's a suggestion I have too often not followed myself:

Remember in the kids auditorium in grade school
when all the kids would start to say "shhhhhh" all at
once......until it reached a...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 29th, 2006, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Just for the thrill of it.. Ask me a any question.

Rj45 wrote:
Ask me a flyfishing question and lets see if how much of an expert I
am. I bet not many on these groups know more than I. Or is there?

How is the Marion Sculpin tied?

What are...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying July 29th, 2006, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
snowshoe hare feet

rw wrote:
Does anyone know a good online source?

There used to be a place in Riverton Wyoming that
sold anything and everything with fur on it.
Can't remember the name. Maybe they're still...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 29th, 2006, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
snowshoe hare feet

rw wrote:
Does anyone know a good online source?

There used to be a place in Riverton Wyoming that
sold anything and everything with fur on it.
Can't remember the name. Maybe they're still...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 25th, 2006, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
fishing fly in eye

It certainly does make you a poacher and it's sheer
nonsense to consider returning a dead fish to the water
a "crime".

This part of this thread was a mistake on my part.
I do that every now...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 25th, 2006, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
fishing fly in eye

Opie wrote:

Most poachers do.
Op --yep, them fishin' regs only apply to those ignorant enough to follow
them--

Does this mean you think it's important to return a dying fish to...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 25th, 2006, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
fishing fly in eye

Lot's of fish do get scarred by catch and release.
A fair number die from it.
When I gill hook a fish, or poke one in the eye,
I bring it home and eat it........even if from catch and release
water. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 25th, 2006, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 125
Posted By [email protected]
On track for a 2020 ban on sportsfishing?

I don't want Tim to be right about this, because
****, I like to fish. Work sucks. My kids are grown.
Late in life the only pleasures left are the
the three f's of happines:
family friends and...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 17th, 2006, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 79
Posted By [email protected]
ROFF history

I said what I had to say.
My participation in this thread is now over. Forever.
Forum: Fly Fishing July 17th, 2006, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 79
Posted By [email protected]
ROFF history

Top Posts:
Wolfgang: 13383

Most Off-Topic Posts:
Wolfgang: 13382

Wolfgang:

The following questions are not to be answered publically.
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying July 13th, 2006, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Why do you tie flies?

RE

.....Along about the same time, some guide, turned boat builder started
publishing articles in Fly Tyer magazine....... and a Zap a Gap glue
gun !

I've had a fair amount of experience with...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 11th, 2006, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Movie: An Inconvenient Truth

Computer simulations are notoriously unreliable.
They are written by computer programmers (a semi-anti-social
bunch the includes the likes of Tim Walker and me, for example).

A steep and observable...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28