Showing results 1 to 25 of 204
Search took 0.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wayne Knight
Forum: Fly Fishing January 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Wayne Knight
10wt sal****er rig

On Jan 27, 11:14*am, " wrote:
Thanks to everyone (well, nearly everyone) for the input. It's between
the Sage Xi3 and the Sage Z-Axis. I'll try them...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 27th, 2011, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Wayne Knight
Well.....

On Jan 25, 5:45*pm, Giles wrote:

chili!

Six or so 15ish ounce cans of diced tomatoes (or the equivalent in
fresh REAL tomatoes.....for those of you whom we would...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 27th, 2011, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Wayne Knight
So.....um.....

On Jan 25, 10:46*pm, Giles wrote:

Do you EVER get tired of stepping on your dick? *

Not that I have a dog in this and personally like both of the on going
combatants here...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 27th, 2011, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Wayne Knight
10wt sal****er rig

On Jan 26, 6:41*pm, " wrote:

I'm undecided about the rod. Suggestions?

Sage Xi3 or Winston BIImx. Loomis has their new series Jeff mentioned
and I've...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 15th, 2011, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 34
Posted By Wayne Knight
Woe be unto ye

On Jan 10, 9:41*am, Giles wrote:

Meanwhile, you should be making plans to get your slenderized ass up
here in the spring. *Many fish in many excellent streams (the...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 15th, 2011, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By Wayne Knight
Abel reels?

On Jan 10, 5:32*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Well, you're looking prescient right now. *Per my sources, T&T's phone
has been disconnected and one cannot comment on T&T's...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 10th, 2011, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 34
Posted By Wayne Knight
Woe be unto ye

On Jan 9, 9:17*pm, Giles wrote:

The trouble with the iPad (as well as the applications mentioned by
Steve W.) is that it isn't a book. *Neither is the Kindle, of course,
Forum: Fly Fishing January 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Wayne Knight
R.L. Winston and Cabela's ?

On Jan 8, 2:34*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Cabela's now carries Winston fly rods. That's like saying
WalMart now carries Waterford crystal. What in the hell
is...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 9th, 2011, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 34
Posted By Wayne Knight
Woe be unto ye

On Jan 6, 11:36*pm, "Russell D." wrote:

Actually, I am now more convinced that they will not replace books for a
long time. Many books just do no work well on them. I purchased...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 18th, 2010, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Wayne Knight
Hatch reels

On Dec 16, 10:37*am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Wayne! *Say it ain't so! *You really NEED another 4wt.

OK, I'll settle for a 4wt Russ Peake glass rod ;)
Forum: Fly Fishing December 18th, 2010, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By Wayne Knight
Xmas Present List

On Dec 17, 4:35*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
e the studs in.

Has anybody tried the new Korkers ?

http://www.korkers.com/footwear/fishing/chrome.html
Forum: Fly Fishing December 16th, 2010, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Wayne Knight
Hatch reels

On Dec 15, 5:12*pm, jeff wrote:

have you tossed the new loomis nrx?

Just the trout rods in 3 and 4, for anglers who like fast rods and 9'
lengths it seemed to be a...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Wayne Knight
Hatch reels

On Nov 29, 6:38*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:
Okay, you gear whores...... *Any experience, comments, recommendations

I have it narrowed down to the Hatch 7+ reel with a Sage Xi3 9ft...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 15th, 2010, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Wayne Knight
Hatch reels

On Nov 29, 6:38*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:
Okay, you gear whores...... *Any experience, comments, recommendations
on Hatch reels.

At the risk of replying two weeks late, the Hatch...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 26th, 2010, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 44
Posted By Wayne Knight
Ping RW et al

On Oct 25, 4:29*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:

The outfitter I'm talking with suggests Los Roques in Venezuela. *
Perhaps not as good, but it would be legal. *When would you be
Forum: Fly Fishing October 25th, 2010, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 44
Posted By Wayne Knight
Ping RW et al

On Oct 24, 5:30*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:

Any thoughts, RW, roff?

In 1999 I visited Cuba with government permission. I was accompanying
a fishing writer friend who was doing an...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 31st, 2010, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Wayne Knight
Need help on a Fishing Trip

On Jul 30, 4:39*pm, wrote:

And I don't care how much weight the formally-big guy has lost, there isn't
enough rum in Cuba AND Jamaica to get me to want to see him in a...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 31st, 2010, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Wayne Knight
Multiple Fly Rods

On Jul 30, 9:08*pm, Jason Rosin wrote:

*Or is one rod sufficient?

Would one play golf with only one club?

You can get by with one rod but on a long trip I would take a...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 19th, 2010, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Wayne Knight
Up and back

On Jul 15, 2:40*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Speaking of which, has anybody used both Frontline plus and
K9 Advantix on their dogs ? Any comparisons, preferences...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Wayne Knight
OT- Boasting just a bit about getting the act together

On May 8, 11:15*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Congrats my friend.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you and everyone else for your good thoughts. Apologies for not
responding to...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Wayne Knight
OT- Boasting just a bit about getting the act together

On May 14, 10:27*am, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:

great news, knight! *i just got back from a four day to the smokies, staying
at the cabins at almond, near nantahala. *a little...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Wayne Knight
OT- Boasting just a bit about getting the act together

On May 10, 12:39*pm, wrote:

I'd be curious to find out if such is even still (objectively, from a
medical POV) actually "smoking." *I guess my point is, is that if you...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 18th, 2010, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Wayne Knight
OT- Boasting just a bit about getting the act together

On May 9, 3:53*pm, Conan The Librarian wrote:

* *Way to go, Wayne. *I'm sorry I can't meet up with you in the
Smokies this year to maybe take a hike back to that little...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 18th, 2010, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Wayne Knight
OT- Boasting just a bit about getting the act together

On May 8, 11:35*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Way to go old friend. That's a hell of a lot of progress in less
than a year. If you had told me last year that you were...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 18th, 2010, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Wayne Knight
OT- Boasting just a bit about getting the act together

On May 8, 8:57*pm, rw wrote:

Looking forward to the TR.

Thanks, weather and conditions weren't all that cooperative but as
soon as I get a chance to resize the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 204