Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Forum: Fly Fishing July 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Rod repair advice

On Jul 4, 9:32*am, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
Traditional ferrule cement seemed not to adhere
to IM6 graphite when I needed to replace a tiptop.
Is there any reason not to...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 14th, 2008, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Greg Hoover on Cicadas

On May 14, 9:50*am, Frank Reid wrote:
According to the cicada emergence calculator:http://www.cicadamania.com/cicadas/2007/03/15/cicada-emergence-formula/
Using a temp of...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
another bumpkin question

On Jan 16, 9:41*pm, "Larry L" wrote:
"JR" wrote

One alternative, Larry, is just to go to Target, buy a $39
T-mobile *prepaid* phone...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Catskill & Quill Body Flies by Tom L

On Oct 20, 3:27 pm, Softhackle wrote:
This is not a post to get business...
I have 18 Catskill & Quill Body flies that will be raffled off. Tom
Littleton who is...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 4th, 2007, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Questions about Rod Building

What do you recommend that I consider, besides the Z-Axis, in this
size rod?
What tips might you have for a beginner rod builder?

--Don

Don,
Consider visiting Rodbuilding.org for awhile....
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying August 30th, 2007, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Synthetic Dubbing Color Retention

Thanks guys,
A couple of years ago I performed some wet dubbing tests and
photographed the wet twists of dubbing against the original color
(dry). In fact, Hare Tron demonstrated the best color...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying August 29th, 2007, 11:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Synthetic Dubbing Color Retention

It seems that some of my newer synthetic dubbings do not do a good job
of retaining their color either when wet by fly flotant or by water.
Can anyone share the brands of dubbings that they find...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 29th, 2007, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Trip to Montana 07 - Need advice!!

2. Should I stay at the Madison river all week or try Yellowstone,
Galaltin, Beaverhead, etc?

Be advised that due to warm water conditions Yellowstone has limited
fishing in many streams. See...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 14th, 2007, 02:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

On Jun 9, 12:00 am, Colin wrote:
What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

This...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 14th, 2007, 02:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 52

On Jun 9, 12:00 am, Colin wrote:
What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

This...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 14th, 2007, 02:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 48

On Jun 9, 12:00 am, Colin wrote:
What are the weirdest (whatever your definition of that is) things
that you,
or any friends, have caught so far while fishing ?

This...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 15th, 2007, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Found Landing Net

On May 13, 11:32 pm, Mike wrote:
Jeff it was mine I caught a rather large fish 2 weeks ago that tail
flipped the net out of my hand I have no ideer where it ended
Forum: Fly Fishing May 9th, 2007, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Found Landing Net

This may be a long shot, but I found a landing net along Penns Creek
this past Monday. Drop me an email if you think it's yours.

Jeff
Forum: Fly Fishing April 16th, 2007, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
What are some of your absolute favorite trout fly patterns?

On Apr 15, 11:58 am, "mdk77" wrote:
This is my first year of fly fishing. I've read some books about
patterns for trout, and I've talked with local fishermen about some
good...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Rods and line weights

On Mar 31, 1:29 pm, wrote:
May be of interest;

http://www.sexyloops.co.uk/cgi-bin/theboard_07/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f...

TL
MC

The CCS has helped me understand why...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 7th, 2007, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Woody Colmes and forgotten flies

.........another forgotten fly:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/Fly-Tying/Montana-Fly-Tiers/Woody...

Thanks for posting, do you have any information on how the fly was/is
fished? My...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying February 15th, 2007, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Al Troth's Hair Hopper & Hair Cricket

On Jan 24, 5:53 pm, "GaryS" wrote:
Does anyone have recipes for these now forgotten Al Troth patterns? I sort
of know what they look like, thanks to small, not-very-sharp,
Forum: Fly Fishing January 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Broken rod help

wrote:
Ok... I'll start he any ROFFians live in Manhattan, interested in
earning a few bucks fixing a bent ring?

Before boiling your reel seat, drop over to...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 17th, 2006, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Clave Schedule 2007

Softhackle wrote:
Makela Wrote: Are there any fish thereabouts?

Yo Mike... On Monday the 18th I'll know the future of Penns Creek
Angler. Check the website on Tuesday and you'll see a very...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 13th, 2006, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Lookin for advice about Yellowstone inSept

wrote:
My brother, sone and I are going to Yelowstone after labor day. What
advice do you have for us?

Michael

Cruise along the Yellowstone River in the 5PM to dusk...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 4th, 2006, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Knot to replace Blood Knot?

riverman wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/roo_two/Zeppelin.html

I just tried it on two pieces of 4x, and it seems very strong and is
quite easy to tie. Its not as simple as the Surgeons Knot,...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21