Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rodger
Forum: Fly Fishing December 9th, 2008, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Rodger
Sage advice for Jeff

You've got it. Call Larry. It's just a phone call.

By the way...I don't have a dog in this hunt! If I go, I'll probably
go out, stay with my friends, and be a 'trout bum' for 10 days or...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Rodger
Sage advice for Jeff

"any interest in putting a trip together? i couldn't find an outfitter
that would drop off a small group with stuff/supplies and pick up 10
days later."

I have a good friend out there that guides...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 8th, 2008, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Rodger
Sage advice for Fred

Sorry group. I not real skilled at this yet. I'll get better.
Here's what I meant to send to the group.

First off, the pleasant ride, about 3 or 4 hrs. puts us on the south
fork
of the Sun...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 8th, 2008, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Rodger
Sage advice for Fred

Soooo....Fred, what are you going to do with the mules? I know a guy
out there that was looking for some last summer but the trip here to
Missouri was a bit long.

Buff
"Rodger"...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 8th, 2008, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Rodger
Sage advice for Fred

Wasn't really planning anything 'formal' but just thinking. I have
contacts out there and plenty of places to fish. Best time to go is the
first two weeks of August.

My friends there are in...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Rodger
Sage advice for Fred

Sorry I somehow got on the wrong (now dead) 'other' fly fishing
group and could not find my msg. or your reply until now.

Would like to horsepack into the Bob Marshall and perhaps, over
the divide...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 2nd, 2008, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Rodger
Sage advice

Well, it's been a while since I wrote you about getting a couple of my
good fly rods....and one not so good....broken into matchsticks in a
car wreck. I can no longer pull up my orig. msg. but...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 47
Posted By Rodger
Sage rod advice, no pun

Thanks very much to you all for your advice.

One more question...

The other 'good' rod I lost was a G.Loomis, 10' ft., 9 wt, 2 pc.,
for fishing Canada. The only eqivalent Loomis rods I have...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 47
Posted By Rodger
Sage rod advice, no pun

I was recently rear ended on the highway resulting in the total loss of
my Yukon along with three flyrods and reels. One of the rods was
a Sage RPL 590 Graphite III, 9', 5 wt., 2 pc....which is now...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Rodger
newbe questions

Found this on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-FISHING-VHS-FLY-CASTING-BASS-TROUT-FISH-VIDEO_W0QQitemZ260078430403QQihZ016QQcategoryZ62144QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Buff

"Rodger"...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 14th, 2007, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Rodger
newbe questions

I live in SW Missouri and have access to a number of
ponds loaded with bluegill, crappie, bass and channel
cat, all of which I catch with an inexpensive 6 wt.,8.5 ft.
Bass Pro White River Classic (my...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Rodger
Feather River

Thanks. I was hoping to make it out there sometime during the summer
months and try some dry flys, or
whatever works. Back when I was a kid my Grandad
taught me to use his bamboo fly rod and...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 13th, 2007, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Rodger
Feather River

Anybody have any recent experience fishing the middle
fork of the Feather River in the general vicinity of
Quincy, CA? My last time there was maybe 50 yrs.
ago.

Thanks,

Buff
Forum: Fly Fishing July 31st, 2006, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Rodger
black fly repellent

Thanks guys. I did try google and found mention but
it looked like maybe the stuff had been pulled off the
market. No mention of where to buy it. Maybe it's bad
for humans too!

Buff

"Baal"...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 29th, 2006, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Rodger
black fly repellent

About 10 years ago, somewhere in my mid-fifties,
I agreed to take a trip through the boundary waters
with a bunch of marathon bikers. On the way we
stopped at the little town of Ely, MN, and...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15