Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Guy
Forum: Fly Fishing August 5th, 2007, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Guy
Turning a cork grip

Anyone have any information they care to share on how to hold that end -
perfectly centered - without breaking it? My first inclination is to bore
a tapered hole in a section of dowel and...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Guy
righty vs. lefty

Thanks all,
Somehow I feel better about right reeling.
Forum: Fly Fishing June 17th, 2007, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Guy
righty vs. lefty

I am a "righty" (politics aside) and learned to reel right handed. After
abuse from some of my leftist fish partners that it was a waste of time to
cast right and exchange the rod to my left hand...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 15th, 2007, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Guy
fishing the Deschutes thsi coming Thurdsay thru Sunday

"JR" wrote in message
Guy wrote:

Cant wait. I am trying to pack and drink warm beer over ice.
..... etc.

There are already...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 15th, 2007, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Guy
OT Home Depot

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"BJ Conner" wrote in message
Forum: Fly Fishing May 15th, 2007, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Guy
fishing the Deschutes thsi coming Thurdsay thru Sunday

Cant wait. I am trying to pack and drink warm beer over ice. I have some
reel foamimg action going on that appears could be holding fish in the
riffles of beer foaming down the table. Just getting...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 9th, 2007, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Guy
Ping JR

JR,
Contact me at guytee2 at tx.rr.com or my cell is 469.688.3556
Guy
Forum: Fly Fishing March 27th, 2007, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Guy
A fish map

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message
still learning---how does a trout find it"s spot beside the streamside log
after it has been...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 24
Posted By Guy
Woody Colmes and forgotten flies

"Willi" wrote in message
Guy wrote:
An old cane rod, automatic reel, old style flies...think the fly line
will
stay...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 25th, 2007, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 24
Posted By Guy
Woody Colmes and forgotten flies

An old cane rod, automatic reel, old style flies...think the fly line
will
stay new and no gut or horse hair leaders though.

Guy

I don't go back to horse hair or anything..........
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 24
Posted By Guy
Woody Colmes and forgotten flies

"Willi" wrote in message
pittendrigh wrote:
I seem to be (almost) the only one posting to this newsgroup.
There are a lot...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 19th, 2007, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Guy
Llano River

"Conan The Librarian" wrote in message
The end results of the trip: A tent and tarp setup that kept me
bone-dry...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 15th, 2007, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 8
Posted By Guy
Great Flytying Site

"George Cleveland" wrote in message
No this isn't spam. Its in French but even my 35 year old high school
Forum: Fly Fishing March 15th, 2007, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12
Posted By Guy
Great Flytying Site

"George Cleveland" wrote in message
No this isn't spam. Its in French but even my 35 year old high school
Forum: Fly Fishing March 7th, 2007, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Guy
Different nymph tactic

"Danl" wrote in message

"Guy" guytee2 at comcast dot net wrote in message
Forum: Fly Fishing March 5th, 2007, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Guy
Different nymph tactic

"Danl" danlfinn@*remove this*intergate.com wrote in message
Over the last year I have been trying a new (to me) tactic for fishing
nymphs. Its...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 23rd, 2007, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Guy
spring has sprung

Hey Joe!
I could loan you my paint ball gun. Freeze a few paint balls and crank it up
to 300 fps or so. For sure they will think a small freight train whizzed by.
Very quiet.

Just got back from...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Guy
Adams tied by a Chinese person

Sheesh,
Wai Guo R

Hay Wai,
Is that pronounced Way or Wee...or Oui?
Guy
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 26th, 2007, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By Guy
Peacock Herl

Thanks Tim,
I do have and have used ostrich in place of peacock. It is similar to the
effect I am after. Just wanted the color associated with peacock.
Thanks for the idea.
Guy

"Tim J."...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 26th, 2007, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By Guy
Peacock Herl

Thank you Thomas,
Please email some pics of the Peacock.
I can be contacted at 469.688.3556.
Guy

"Lumotar" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 15th, 2007, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By Guy
Peacock Herl

Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules. Saw some
on display at the Southern Conclave several years ago but it was not for
sale. I have herl from Feather-Craft and Orvis...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21