Showing results 1 to 25 of 90
Search took 0.79 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: George Adams
Forum: Fly Fishing April 16th, 2008, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 80
Posted By George Adams
knotted leader/tippet help

On Apr 15, 9:53*pm, "jeffc" wrote:
"notbob" wrote in message

"The general rule of thumb is that you can...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 12th, 2008, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 58
Posted By George Adams
Cheney's new fishing companion

On Apr 11, 11:23*am, egildone wrote:
Wearing dark glasses while fly fishing can be dangerous!

Forum: Fly Fishing February 26th, 2008, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By George Adams
drys and nymphs

On Feb 25, 8:49*pm, MajorOz wrote:
On Feb 24, 10:00 pm, "jeffc" wrote:

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing February 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 41
Posted By George Adams
OT Karma Catches Up With Cheats

On Feb 4, 10:25*am, "Tim J."
wrote:
rb608 typed:

On Feb 4, 8:55 am, daytripper wrote:
Aw, c'mon, Joe. This was a classic...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 1st, 2008, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By George Adams
WayOT death markers

On Feb 1, 1:56*pm, "Larry L" wrote:
A headline today in my local paper about the guy who got drunk and stoned
and managed to kill five guys on their way to work a...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 30th, 2008, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By George Adams
Rhode Island

On Jan 29, 1:25*pm, Hallico wrote:
Folks, lived in Massachusetts for 12 years. Caught most of the rivers in
the State. *Just moved to Rhode Island. Where are...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 22nd, 2008, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 47
Posted By George Adams
OT Raccoons

On Jan 22, 2:00*pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
"Frank Reid" wrote in message

On Jan...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 22nd, 2008, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By George Adams
OT Brady Hurt???

Just saw a picture on the local news, that appears to be Tom Brady
wearing a cast on his ankle. 19 -0 may be in jeopardy.
Forum: Fly Fishing January 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By George Adams
Interesting,sort of

On Jan 12, 1:21*am, riverman wrote:
Saw this on eBay. note the serial number:http://tinyurl.com/2o4lzu

Now go here and scroll to the last rod on the page, and note the
Forum: Fly Fishing January 8th, 2008, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 24
Posted By George Adams
OT Unsick

On Jan 8, 1:31*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
The chemo I was on wasn't working, it kept the kidneys from
getting worse but it wasn't making them any better, so...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By George Adams
Macroinvertebrate Match Game

On Jan 8, 8:19*am, Scott Seidman wrote:
Tim Lysyk wrote innews:_ZCgj.40$vp3.25@edtnps90:

JR wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/2q9v4r

-...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 41
Posted By George Adams
OT, another sicko

On Jan 6, 5:02*pm, Frank Church wrote:
Last Monday evening I suffered a friggin heart attack and the nausea that
sometimes goes along with it. Our local hospital...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 54
Posted By George Adams
OT -IOWA POLITICS

On Jan 4, 1:45*pm, Jeff wrote:
wrote:

On Jan 4, 8:13 am, jeff miller wrote:

but, damn, i'm hopeful and nearly
Forum: Fly Fishing December 26th, 2007, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Posted By George Adams
Best reel under $100? Best reel under $50?

On Dec 25, 9:22*pm, wrote:
I've had an Orvis CFO III for some time now, and while it's a nice
reel, I just can't afford to buy the requisite number of $115...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 25th, 2007, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.music.gdead, rec.outdoors.fishing.fly, rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 14
Posted By George Adams
Happy Holidays crossposting...

On Dec 24, 4:23*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
to all my Deadhead, fly fishing and bass fishermen friends.

May your days be merry and bright ...

Forum: Bass Fishing December 25th, 2007, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.music.gdead, rec.outdoors.fishing.fly, rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12

wrote:
to all my Deadhead, fly fishing and bass fishermen friends.

May your days be merry and bright ...

Forum: Fly Fishing December 16th, 2007, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By George Adams
Biggest Upsets of 2007

On Dec 15, 8:45 pm, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0712/cfb.up...

Compliments

Op

Cangrats to ASU. Hope to see...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By George Adams
ASU Heads to National Championship!

On Dec 8, 3:50 am, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen" wrote:
55-35 victory over University of Richmond Spiders. We meet the winner of
the S. Illinois v. Deleware game at 4:00 PM...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 5th, 2007, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 24
Posted By George Adams
Free rice

On Dec 4, 4:24 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
Here's something everyone can do to help feed the hungry.......and improve
their own vocabulary at the same time. God knows y'all need it!...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 30th, 2007, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By George Adams
Fly Fishing Club Activities

On Nov 29, 10:21 am, Frank Reid wrote:
Okay, they done screwed up. I am now the President Elect of the
Cornhusker Fly Fishers.
We have many activities thoughout the year,...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 30th, 2007, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By George Adams
DIY Fly Fishing in Patagonia (argentina / chile)?

On Nov 29, 3:44 pm, wrote:
Does anyone have any idea where I might find information about do-it-
yourself fly fishing in Argentina / Chile / Patagonia?

I'm...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 39
Posted By George Adams
Scouts fly tying classes - Chosing the pattern

On Nov 28, 2:14 pm, "JT" wrote:
"Sprattoo" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing November 28th, 2007, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By George Adams
Quabbin Y Pool: Still Walk-In Only From Rt. 9 For 2005

On Nov 28, 9:44 am, (George
Adams) wrote:
Still access only from rte 9, and I expect we will not live to see
that change. As I have mentioned previously, if...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 22nd, 2007, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By George Adams
TR: casting practice

On Nov 22, 8:40 am, (George
Adams) wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
Yesterday I took the afternoon off to spend a few post-winter hours
on
my local river. It...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 17th, 2007, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By George Adams
*Really* On Topic: Went fishing today

On Nov 17, 10:48 am, "Tim J."
wrote:
daytripper wrote:

snip

- I think they might be the same pair of rainbows Tim or I
catch every trip :-)

Showing results 1 to 25 of 90