Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: The Midnight Rider
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 26th, 2007, 01:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 16
Posted By The Midnight Rider
A bit more advice on pike lure please

"Derek Moody" wrote in message

The big disadvantages with the coathanger type lures are that they're
awful
to cast...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 21st, 2007, 07:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 16
Posted By The Midnight Rider
A bit more advice on pike lure please

After looking at the sudgested page i find myself wondering about the
effectiveness of the wasp spinners on sea bass? looks promising for next
years trips, guess i may try a couple. tnx Brownz...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 11th, 2007, 06:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 1
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Carp dancers

Well, I have seen bream do it, roach do it, salmon and trout do it, even
dolphins do it, but today I was amazed to watch no less than 3 carp
simultaneously 'tail walk' within a meter or so of each...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing November 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 2
Posted By The Midnight Rider
new beachcaster rod

"Andy" wrote in message
Hi, Im thinking for buying a new beachcasting rod. The Shimano Aspire
130m looks a great deal...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing November 3rd, 2007, 02:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 3
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Sea Fishing Licence?

"Andy" wrote in message

"Les Hemmings" wrote in message
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 28th, 2007, 01:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Death rigs

"Ian Hooksem" wrote in message
Death rigs - usually associated with carp fishing, when the aim is to
catch and...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing October 19th, 2007, 11:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 1
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Sea fishing licence needed?

I wouldnt think it necessary, the sea that is between low tide and high tide
has always been classed as 'no mans land' this in mind, no charge or licence
to fish could be necessary or obligatory to...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 17th, 2007, 01:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Which Are The Best Reels?

wow, all those?
i have a pole lmao

but seriously, i have a couple of daiwa runners and cormoran runners that i
have been very happy with for some time.

all were second hand and well maintained,...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 15th, 2007, 02:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 9
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Polish Pikers

We had the problem at a local pool but they were taking the tench, the pool
now sports 2 mountain bikes and 3 sets of tackle in the weeds at the lower
end, thanks to a small group of local guys....
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 15th, 2007, 02:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Changing line on a reel

im still using some 6lb on a reel from 7 years or so ago, it managed a
16lb'er last sunday morning without problem. so i guess its down to how the
line feels to the pull.

"matthew walker"...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 12th, 2007, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Hi all

sorry to hear m8, hope your better soon. 'old boy' (vbg)

"Gandalf" wrote in message
Mention you where you found out about...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 12th, 2007, 02:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Hi all

Thanks gandalf old boy, on my way for a butchers

"Gandalf" wrote in message
I know advertising is not the done thing and...
Forum: General Discussion October 5th, 2007, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.fishing
Replies: 1
Posted By The Midnight Rider
SteelHead Fishing

this may sound daft but have you tried the simple 'mackerel spoon' that is
used for sea spinning? it is small enough and has plenty of attraction, but
i would consider changing the triple hook that...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing October 1st, 2007, 12:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 3
Posted By The Midnight Rider
October Shore Fishing

if you sever the cord by cranking the head back they wont know anything
after that point, although this is best left just for the mackerel, some
fish can leave a nice mark on your thumb :))
To...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 1st, 2007, 12:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Pennnel rig

"Andy Lawson" wrote in message

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
Forum: UK Sea Fishing September 28th, 2007, 10:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 3
Posted By The Midnight Rider
October Shore Fishing

yup they will become ever thinner, however i have known some bass to fish ok
end of the year but you are always assured some doggies, they fight well but
taste like %^&*.
you might be lucky for a...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing September 28th, 2007, 10:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 8
Posted By The Midnight Rider
WD40

this will sound stupid, but trust me it worked for me and the codling had
fits;

1) buy some hemp and boil (juice is for the bait, hemp is for next course
day).
2) buy yourself brown sugar, milk,...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By The Midnight Rider
Pennnel rig

it appears to be, i have been checking for a while and nothing but these
posts that are nothing to do with fishing.

"Alec Powell" wrote in message...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 21st, 2007, 07:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 38
Posted By The Midnight Rider
odd behaviour

okay dont rub it in haha.

"Gandalf" wrote in message

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 20th, 2007, 11:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 38
Posted By The Midnight Rider
odd behaviour

please forgive my stupid reply haha, i was talking of 'landing nets' not
keep nets, thanks to trying to reply whilst the wife was working heavily on
my right ear.
ooops.

"Derek Moody"...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 20th, 2007, 01:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 38
Posted By The Midnight Rider
odd behaviour

"Gandalf" wrote in message

snip

The rain held off in the main but the wife nearly did a Mary Poppins with
my...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 18th, 2007, 03:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 38
Posted By The Midnight Rider
odd behaviour

"Gandalf" wrote in message
"Bi-annual? you only take her out twice a year?"

Only if I am really unlucky.(;-) I would...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 17th, 2007, 06:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 38
Posted By The Midnight Rider
odd behaviour

Good luck with the wife, i know how hard it is to please them, but when the
weather is bad too, oh boy. heehee.
Bi-annual? you only take her out twice a year? sounds a perfect wife to me.
Any...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 16th, 2007, 10:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 38
Posted By The Midnight Rider
odd behaviour

Well, made up for the blank today, a nice 11lb'er on tens elastic and 3lb
line, through the weeds and onward, but i refused to give in and landed it
(after about 10 mins or so). All in all a nice...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 13th, 2007, 11:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 38
Posted By The Midnight Rider
odd behaviour

All the best for '52' gandalf old boy, and hope you get a good session for
the day.
And Derek, message from the wife "*&^%$£ you *&^%$£ dare mr." hehe.
p.s. my first blank today for many weeks, the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31