Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter A. Collin
Forum: Fishing Photos November 30th, 2007, 12:23 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter A. Collin
RW, Just for your info....

The distance from the butt of my rod to the stripper guide is 31 inches.
Look at the picture again.

(Can't let anybody sell my fish short!)

Pete Collin
Forum: Fishing Photos November 29th, 2007, 03:05 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Gigundo Brown - big file

I left the file big because it was such a huge, beautiful fish!
Forum: Fishing Photos November 29th, 2007, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Where's Doug at?

Larry L wrote:
Bored, I dug through the closet and found an old video "Strategies for
Selective Trout" with Doug Swisher that I hadn't viewed in many years.

He is fishing someplace where...
Forum: Fishing Photos August 20th, 2007, 12:44 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Trolled Landlocked Salmon

Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:49:49 -0700, "Mike"
wrote:

"Musashi" wrote in message
Forum: Fishing Photos August 19th, 2007, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Trolled Landlocked Salmon

I see now that the photo has "seneca" in the file name.
If this is Seneca Lake as in one of the Finger Lakes of New York
then I would think this is a Landocked Salmon which is a Landlocked
Forum: Fishing Photos August 18th, 2007, 09:30 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Trolled Landlocked Salmon

We ate it foiled over the grill. So simple, yet so delicious!

Peter Collin
Forum: Fly Fishing August 16th, 2007, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Do any of you fly fish at night?

mdk77 wrote:
I was looking for information on trout fishing in Missouri and there
was a post saying the biggest trout were caught after dark. Frankly
I'd never heard of fly fishing after dark....
Forum: Fishing Photos August 13th, 2007, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Seneca Lake Trout

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Say, Peter, what weight fly rod did you use to chuck that hunk of
metal? d;o)

Dave

A snob, I am not! I likes fishin' just about any way you serve it up....
Forum: Fishing Photos August 10th, 2007, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Reel Advice

Bob,

I have a Lamson LP 3.5. Fished it for 15 years and it is a sturdy,
moderately priced reliable disc drag reel. Now, they don't make them
anymore, but you can find plenty on ebay - they made...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 2nd, 2007, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Trash Fish Swap Reannouncement

Karel wrote:
Sorry... but : No fish is trash - period. Some fisherman might prefer
one species over the other for sport fishing, and that's alright. But
calling that species trash because of...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Trash Fish Swap Reannouncement

Since when are bass and pike trash fish? I would take that to mean
carp, bowfin, sucker, fallfish
Forum: Fishing Photos June 26th, 2007, 11:13 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Midsummer festival - 1 attachment

Mike wrote:
"MelYellophant" wrote in message
Osmo from Finland

Would you happen to be related to...
Forum: Fishing Photos June 6th, 2007, 07:34 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Visiting Buddy From Maine

Today I brought my friend from Maine back to the airport. He came for 5
days of fishing in NY. We fished in every kind of weather, and Steve
had everything from a one day skunking to an...
Forum: Fishing Photos June 1st, 2007, 11:36 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Early morning on the dam

What a starkly beautiful place. Is that in the american southwest?
Forum: Fishing Photos May 30th, 2007, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Salton Sea

Dick wrote:
Located in the Southern California desert. Millions of Tilapia die each
year from suffocation in the heat of the summer. Enter Salton Sea in
google search for info on what once was...
Forum: Fishing Photos May 23rd, 2007, 11:16 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter A. Collin
18 Inch Brown

Don't feel like you're missing anything.
It's High Tide on the Rapid right now - they're running above 2000cfs
(2700cfs, iirc) - which makes most of the river virtually unfishable...

Forum: Fishing Photos May 21st, 2007, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter A. Collin
18 Inch Brown

Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2007 08:11:24 -0400, "Peter A. Collin"
wrote:

I got this one on a dry fly- my first real hog of the year. While
Forum: Fishing Photos May 21st, 2007, 05:47 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter A. Collin
Flies Tied by Kids

The other day I sat my 2 nephews and niece down to vises and taught them
how to tie a fly. I asked them if they wanted something simple or
challenging, and they opted for the latter. It is a...
Forum: Fishing Photos May 21st, 2007, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter A. Collin
18 Inch Brown

I got this one on a dry fly- my first real hog of the year. While
carefully playing it, a big smallmouth bass was chasing it away from its
nest!

Pete Collin
Showing results 1 to 25 of 91