Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: GM
Forum: Fly Fishing December 24th, 2006, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By GM
The fly-fishing trip of a lifetime

asadi wrote:

There were a few comments about recently New Zealand that really tweaked my
interest. In particular, that once you get there, it's not that expensive.

I would certainly...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 53
Posted By GM
A Merry Christmas

rb608 wrote:

It must be the solstice. ****, I've actually agreed with rdean twice
in the same thread. You think *you're* scared. :-)

Yeah, well if you can't agree on something like Xmas...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 19th, 2006, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 53
Posted By GM
A Merry Christmas

rb608 wrote:
GM wrote:

Funny you should mention that. I only came across that recently, and I
found that despite how much I despise that song, the interplay of the
generations & styles...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 19th, 2006, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 53
Posted By GM
A Merry Christmas

rb608 wrote:

Ah, yes. Kitt's rendition is undoubtedly the definitive version
against which all others are judged (and found wanting). There are a
few others in that category, songs I'd...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 15th, 2006, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Posted By GM
BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHTS!

Wolfgang wrote:
Go outside.

Face north.

Well?.....don't just sit there staring at the monitor!.....go on!

Wolfgang
Forum: Fly Fishing December 13th, 2006, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 150
Posted By GM
Barak Hussein Obama? or Barak Hussein Osama?

wrote:

Well, sure, but one really shouldn't hold that against a bunch of 10
year old kids, no matter how much smarter they are than you...

But we should hold it...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 13th, 2006, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 150
Posted By GM
Barak Hussein Obama? or Barak Hussein Osama?

wrote:

First, people cannot be "taught evolution" or "intelligent design," they
can only be informed about them (or "taught _about_ them, if you
prefer).

Do you take...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 13th, 2006, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 150
Posted By GM
Barak Hussein Obama? or Barak Hussein Osama?

Scott Seidman wrote:

McCain is a has-been before he even starts. He was bitch-slapped by the
Bush campaign during his run for candidacy, and did nothing about it.
Schoolyard rules say...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 13th, 2006, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 150
Posted By GM
Barak Hussein Obama? or Barak Hussein Osama?

Cyli wrote:

I do hope that Hillary will never run for president, nor even vice.
First, I don't think a woman can be elected president any time in the
next decade or two. Second, Hillary has...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 13th, 2006, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 150
Posted By GM
Barak Hussein Obama? or Barak Hussein Osama?

Opus wrote:
Has anyone else seen how the RIGHT is trying to use Obama's name against
him?

It's really quite comical.

I saw something on CNN, or MSNBC today where they asked people if...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 9th, 2006, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By GM
Hypothermia/ neoprene waders?

wrote:
Hypothermia while fishing isn't "an accident," it is the result
of willingly-made poor choice(s), much like the poor ******* who killed
himself and damned near...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 8th, 2006, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By GM
How to turn down a publisher...

Steve wrote:
...a letter written by Norman Maclean in 1981, to Charles Elliott of
Alfred A. Knopf, which had rejected the first book, but was then
courting Maclean for his second manuscript,...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 10th, 2006, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By GM
Forgotten Treasures #14: SPECKLED TROUT--PART 1

Wolfgang wrote:
Chapter V of "Locusts and Wild Honey" by John Burroughs

Houghton, Mifflin and Company; 1907

SPECKLED TROUT
Forum: Fly Fishing November 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 58
Posted By GM
OT- Election time!

wrote:

It's stunning (and sad) that you think they are any better.
- Ken

What's the alternative? If the mechanism by which the GOP held its power
over the past dozen...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By GM
Battenkill Restoration Project - Interesting Pics

A montage from the first phase of the "Twin Rivers" project.

http://www.tuswvt.org/BKTRFRP.shtml

Video explanation of the work:

http://tinyurl.com/yjw5h6

Regards,
Forum: Fly Fishing October 17th, 2006, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By GM
Ping!! MS geeks

wrote:
riverman wrote:
Anyone know if its possible to create custom autoshapes? I want to add some
Boolean Circuit symbols to my autoshapes so I can draw circuits in Word....
Forum: Fly Fishing October 14th, 2006, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By GM
Ping gregatusenet

2 feet of snow for Buffalo? Did you see any of that? I was in your area
about 3 weeks ago en route to Cleveland. Spent a couple of hours at the
Falls with my wife and daughter. I remember you...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 26th, 2006, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By GM
LINK: Battenkill to remain wild (for now)

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/localnews/ci_4397144

I'd go short on the rotenone stock -- whoever makes it ;).
Forum: Fly Fishing September 1st, 2006, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By GM
Deer hair skaters.

Tim J. wrote:

. . . a fond memory is you and I making little trouties shoot for the sky
while skating the caddis flies in the riffles of that feeder stream to the
Batten Kill. Much...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 1st, 2006, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By GM
Deer hair skaters.

Wolfgang wrote:

Interesting that G.J.Z, Myron and you are all talking about deer hair
skaters and provide illustrations that show three entirely different flies.
The first thing that...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 31st, 2006, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By GM
Big Horn river in danger

daytripper wrote:

Anyone suggest running a big pipe over from the Mississippi River? Or the
Great Lakes, mebbe?

I heard Ted Stevens is hot on the idea.
Forum: Fly Fishing August 20th, 2006, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 175
Posted By GM
To stock or not to stock a wild trout stream. That is the question.

wrote:

Why not invite the Colorado Division of Wildlife to Vermont for a
management roundtable?

Why don't you participate in the thread with something like a level of...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 20th, 2006, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 175
Posted By GM
To stock or not to stock a wild trout stream. That is the question.

Peter A. Collin wrote:
Exactly what happened to the Battenkill to make it suddenly poor
fishing? Did they develop the banks and silt it in?

The river suffered a decline in mid-size fish in the...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 19th, 2006, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 175
Posted By GM
To stock or not to stock a wild trout stream. That is the question.

daytripper wrote:
http://www.benningtonbanner.com/localnews/ci_4200376

Discuss.

I hope to attend the meeting.

It seems to be a warped kind of democracy in that the locals want
something and...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 18th, 2006, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By GM
Fun with hoppers

Tim J. wrote:
Where were you? . . . and Stan - what have you people done with
Stan?

Finishing off a big project in NJ, which is going to kill me if'n it
don't make stronger. Anyone know of good...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31