Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve W.
Forum: Bass Fishing January 17th, 2011, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.
Hook types

danl wrote:
Steve, most of the Bass fishing I do is with soft plastics. I favor a
Gamakatsu(sp) off set worm hook in red. Various sizes from 1 to 5.0.
I can't remember the designation at the...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.
Hook types

Since this newsgroup seems dead (unless my server is missing a LOT of
messages) I realize it's mostly a bass list as well. BUT I'm betting
that most folks fish for more than just bass.

How about a...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 14th, 2011, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve W.
About that portable generator thingy.....

Bob wrote:
On Jan 13, 12:37 pm, DaveS wrote:

Are you doing any fishing lately?

Dave

Not really. After 7 decades of heaping abuse on this body, I've become
Forum: Fly Fishing January 11th, 2011, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Steve W.
Portable Generator for Camper

DaveS wrote:
On Jan 10, 1:33 pm, personaobscura
wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 12:35:10 -0800 (PST), DaveS wrote:
Suggestions and experience...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 10th, 2011, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Steve W.
Portable Generator for Camper

Dave Grant wrote:
"DaveS" wrote in message
On Jan 9, 1:22 pm, Bob wrote:
On...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 10th, 2011, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve W.
Woe be unto ye

Giles wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:47 pm, Mark Allread none@none wrote:

Some day, I'll have to retire the old Palm M515 I've been using as a
"book" in favor of the real thing. It'd be nice to...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 10th, 2011, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve W.
ICE fishing!!!

OK so what's the attraction...

Go out in sub-zero cold, Give yourself a heart attack drilling and
dipping a hole in the ice, set up your shelter that is almost as
insulated as a T-Shirt, Then sit...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 9th, 2011, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve W.
Leaders and lines

Bob La Londe wrote:

There is one rock face I fish regularly. It has several fallen rocks in
front of it. Two of them have tempted me to get out my snorkeling stuff
and an air hammer. It...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 8th, 2011, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve W.
Leaders and lines

Marty wrote:
I use spinning gear with 15# braid, no leader and use that for just about
everything. Steve talked about abrasion resistance; I think he's talking
rocks, etc., because braid has...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 8th, 2011, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve W.
Woe be unto ye

Giles wrote:
On Jan 6, 11:44 pm, georgecleveland wrote:
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:22:02 -0800 (PST), Giles
wrote:

THIS is what comes of...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 8th, 2011, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve W.
Leaders and lines

OK new question...

Been sitting here going through the gear. Cleaning and lubing the reels,
checking poles for problems.

Now for the fun part.
Re-spool time.

Line wise I will probably be reloading...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 2nd, 2011, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve W.
fish attractants home brew Vs. Commercial

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message

I'm betting this is a topic that gets tossed around some.
After a few years...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 2nd, 2011, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve W.
fish attractants home brew Vs. Commercial

I'm betting this is a topic that gets tossed around some.
After a few years absent from fishing in general I jumped back in a
couple years ago. Dug out all the old trusty lures and bought some...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13