Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fantom
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 7th, 2007, 07:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 5
Posted By Fantom
reel problem

Thanks. I read that that should be done, wont be doing it again though.

ill strip it, thanks again

"Cliff" wrote in message...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 7th, 2007, 02:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 5
Posted By Fantom
wreck advice weymouth

Thanks everyone for the advice..appreciated

The rod type would be a maxximus solid c 8ft 12-20lb.

The skipper has indicated he will be fishing on the drift and at anchor
during the day.

What...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 7th, 2007, 02:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 5
Posted By Fantom
reel problem

Hi, the old shaft was sent to me so i believe it was replaced, and in all
honesty i pulled in a very nice smoothound shortly afterwards with no probs,
so im unsure,

I do wd40 reels after use,...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 5
Posted By Fantom
wreck advice weymouth

Hi,

planning to go wreck fishing this month in weymouth, i intend to go fishing
for pollock, not conger and ling.

1. Would a 12-20 class rod suffice or would i be better off with a 15-30lb?

2....
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 5
Posted By Fantom
reel problem

Hi,
I recently got my mitchell 624 reel serviced and it needed a replacement
shaft, which was done.

I have been using it since but the spool seems to slip like mad...It's like
the reel is just...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing April 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By Fantom
marlow

Hi, ive never been course fishing before but since i live closer to a river
than the sea, i might start.

I have a spinning rod that i use for sea fishing, lures etc.

closest decent fishing spot to...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing April 21st, 2007, 03:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 3
Posted By Fantom
recommended braid line

Hi, im after a strong, high quality braid line suitable for boat, 15 - 20
lb.

Any recommendations?

TIA
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 14th, 2006, 12:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 6
Posted By Fantom
Weymouth Pleasure Pier

"Derek Moody" wrote
wrote:
Hi, Im thinking of taking a trip mid december to the pier for some
fishing
as im down that way. Can anyone suggest bait and species available.
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 10th, 2006, 03:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 5
Posted By Fantom
fish species

"Ian Hooksem" wrote in message
I couldn't find one single site for the whole of UK, but here are a number
of...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 10th, 2006, 12:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 6
Posted By Fantom
Weymouth Pleasure Pier

"Fantom" wrote in message

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 10th, 2006, 12:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 2
Posted By Fantom
question concerning artificial eels from shore

if using an artificial eel, how long would you make the trace if casting
from shore/pier using a spinning rod/reel?

I was going to attach a 1/2 ounce bullet to the main line.

TIA
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 9th, 2006, 11:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 5
Posted By Fantom
fish species

Can anyone point me to a site which details fish species with details on
what months they are available to catch.

Many Thanks
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 5th, 2006, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 7
Posted By Fantom
Rod Problem Advice needed

"Derek" wrote in message

"Fantom" wrote in message
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 2nd, 2006, 11:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 7
Posted By Fantom
Rod Problem Advice needed

"Cliff" wrote in message
Thats because they are a taper fit,if they came together it would be time
to replace them,dont...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 2nd, 2006, 11:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 7
Posted By Fantom
Crab pots [folding]

wrote in message
Hi
Does anyone know a supplier of crab/ lobster pots. I seem to
recollect seeing an advert for fold flat...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing November 30th, 2006, 10:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 7
Posted By Fantom
Rod Problem Advice needed

I have a cpl of expensive rods that i brought from ebay. They are both brand
new 2 piece 13ft beachcasters. I cant seem to get the rods to sit right when
i connect them, i end up with a clear 1...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing November 28th, 2006, 10:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 6
Posted By Fantom
Weymouth Pleasure Pier

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article , Fantom
Forum: UK Sea Fishing November 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 6
Posted By Fantom
Weymouth Pleasure Pier

Hi, Im thinking of taking a trip mid december to the pier for some fishing
as im down that way. Can anyone suggest bait and species available.

Is it worth bringing a spinning rod aswell as a...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing July 31st, 2006, 07:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 5
Posted By Fantom
surface lures

"yaldnif1_uk" wrote in message
how do I rig a rapala surface popper.. to be able to cast it any
reasonable...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19