Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob[_4_]
Forum: Fly Fishing July 30th, 2015, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Hatch Freq. On Western Rivers: How Often ?

Hi,

An entymology question.

Those really big Mayfly hatches they have on many of the western rivers:

How often do they occur ?
Every week, or...?

How long do they generally last ?
Forum: Fly Fishing January 26th, 2015, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Trout And Food Location ?

Hello,

Do trout "generally" take their food from the surface, or sub-surface ?

Answer the same for streams as for dead-water ponds ?

Thanks,
Bob

---
Forum: Bass Fishing October 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Making Hooks Barbless ?

Hi,

Shame that Mepps apparently does not offer any of their spinners in a
barbless style.

Would like to change many of the Aglias I have to barbless.

What's the easiest way ?

Just use a longnose...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 13th, 2012, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Pickerel in Pond ?

Hi,

Live outside of Boston.

The relatively small Pond I go to a lot has a list of fish that are,
supposedly, in it.

Besides the usual cast of characters, they say there are also Pickeral
in it.
Forum: Bass Fishing September 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Abu Garcia 1600 Black Max Ambassadeur Reel

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the previous help; much appreciated.

Have a 20+ year old Abu Garcia Black Max 1600 Ambassadeur bait casting reel.
Really like it a lot. Fine Product. But, time for someting...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 31st, 2012, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Spinning Reels With A Trigger ?

Hi,

I have had a Shimano Stradic spinning reel for many and many a year.
Like it a lot. Smooth, and has been trouble free.
But, am always on the lookout for something "better."

I saw some posts...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 31st, 2012, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Mepps Spinner Blade Colors Question

Hello,

Not a Bass "scholar," but was wondering about this:

I fish a lot in a small Pond outside of Boston.
The usual; smallmouth and largemouth, with lots of yellow perch.

I can always get a load...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 18th, 2012, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Prohibition On Felt Sole Wading Shoes ?

Hello,

Just read that Vermont prohibits felt for wader bottoms.

Huh ?

No idea how long it's been this way in Vt.

Other states also ?
Forum: Bass Fishing August 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Overton Co. For Supplies ?

Hi,

Came across the Overton Co. site for fishing items.

Prices appear normal, but there is apparently free shipping, which is nice.

Anyone buy from them ?
Reputable ?

Opinions ?
Forum: Fly Fishing August 11th, 2012, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Popper Question

Hi,

Live outside of Boston.
New at this.

Have a pond near house with a fair number of Small and Largemouth Bass,
and also Yellow Perch.

Thought I'd try a small Popper, which I never have.
Have...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 10th, 2012, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Bubble Float Fishing Question

Hi,

Thought I'd try those water filled Bubble Floats.

The ones I purchased have a skinny tapered end, and a
fatter diameter end.

Which end goes towards the hook ?

Why ?
Forum: Bass Fishing August 4th, 2012, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Mepps Spinner Baits & Skirts

Hi,

Just an occasional fisherman, unfortunately, but enjoy it a lot when I
can do it.

Just curious about this.

Have always had my best "luck" with Mepps Spinners that also have the
feather-like...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 27th, 2012, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Youngster's First Outfit ?

Hi,

For a Youngster's fist fishing outfit, which would be "better" and
easier for him regarding a bait casting reel:

The enclosed type like the Zebco's with the button/lever, or the
conventional...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 26th, 2012, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Looking For Advice; Pond Fishing; Novice

Hi Guys,

A real novice here.

Live outside of Boston.

Refuge opened up near house, and has a nice decent sized Pond in it.

There is a sign that says the Pond has the following:
Forum: Fly Fishing December 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Grandkids And Fishing: Age ?

Hi,

All kids are different, of course, but was wondering about your
experience with Grandkids:

How young can they be, and still enjoy some introductory fishing
experiences ?

Hints ?
Forum: Bass Fishing May 1st, 2011, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Plast Work Rigging

Hi,

Thanks for help on how to spool a spinning reel.

New at this, so can I please ask another dumb question:

I've seen all the links showing how to rig plastic baits using those
hooks with the...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 30th, 2011, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Re-Spooling A Spinning Reel Question

Hi,

Have to replace the line on my spinning reel.

I read several of the links on how to do this, and I guess they all say
to keep the curl coming off of the supply reel the same
direction (& curl)...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 4th, 2011, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 61
Posted By Bob[_4_]
Spinning Rod & Flies ?

Hi,

Won't be able to get out for a few weeks yet, but was thinking a bit ahead.

I may do some early fishing from a rowboat, and, frankly, have never
liked using a flyrod off the boat. Always...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18