Showing results 1 to 25 of 103
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: fishtale
Forum: Bass Fishing July 12th, 2008, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By fishtale
smallmouth action

I spent the past 2 weeks fishing. Caught some nice bass using my
favourite softbaits (as recommended last year). You really have to
watch your line since the bass mouth the bait and do not...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 1st, 2008, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 0
Posted By fishtale
custom rod

I bought a used rod. It had a label of an old established sporting
goods store. The name of the business carried on (sold) and it turned
into a high end fly fishing store. I use to chat with the man...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 20th, 2008, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By fishtale
So ready for spring

I have to wait until the season opens at the end of June. I fish for
other game fish until then. Last summer I discovered two softbaits
that are super to use for bass.
I have stocked up but will be...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 20th, 2008, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By fishtale
OT - OutdoorFrontiersTV is on the Web!

Is there a way to pull up a rerun of a fishing show?
Thanks

On Feb 15, 8:44*am, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" go-
wrote:
I have a bit of exciting news for all of you.

My...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 31st, 2007, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By fishtale
large softbait

I have some large softbaits that I plan on using like jerk baits.
There are two options to go either a one or two hook system. I know
from using hard baits that often the fish will hit the lure...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 19
Posted By fishtale
trolling motor

Is there a fast charge battery for a trolling motor. Solar is out. My
second thought is to charge using portable generator.
Thanks

On Oct 31, 7:36 am, RichZ...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 31st, 2007, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 19
Posted By fishtale
trolling motor

Plonk!

I don't care what other people say Al, I for one, enjoy the "laughs"
get from some of your posts! Besides, I can't "Plonk" ya with this webtv
thing! :)

Everybody needs a...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 30th, 2007, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 19
Posted By fishtale
trolling motor

On Oct 29, 8:12 pm, wrote:
That all depends on the style and make of the motor you are going to buy.
Also, if this boat is like a small row/john boat, you can attach a...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 29th, 2007, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 0
Posted By fishtale
test

test
Forum: Bass Fishing October 29th, 2007, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 19
Posted By fishtale
trolling motor

I have a small boat and the outboard (2) on the back is maxed out. I
want to get a small battery operated trolling motor to be mounted on
the bow. Is there a bracket or something that will allow a...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By fishtale
line recommendation

On Oct 6, 6:25 pm, RATMAN wrote:
On Oct 2, 7:10 pm, Chris Rennert wrote:

Try P-Line FluoroClear. I still don't like spooling completely...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 2nd, 2007, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By fishtale
line recommendation

I would like to try a new line type when fishing with my soft
plastics. I presently use PP. Would prefer a line between the extremes
of mono and braid. Brand name and descript preferred. Thanks
Forum: Bass Fishing August 13th, 2007, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By fishtale
f report

Went on another trip and caught lots of bass. Couldn't get a resupply
of my favoured softbait. Popped into walmart and lucky the private
contractor was setting up the fishing section. Told him about...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 1st, 2007, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By fishtale
softbaits

Thanks but I've tried the ones you have to offer and they don't work
as well in my fishing situation.

On Aug 1, 12:12 pm, "Mike Getz" wrote:
Send me your address,...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 31st, 2007, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By fishtale
softbaits

There is sufficient information in my original posting and vice versa
to Richz.

On Jul 29, 11:41 pm, "Hyperactive" wrote:
"RichZ"...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 29th, 2007, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By fishtale
softbaits

I went on second bass trip of the season. Prior to the trip I was
happened to be shore fishing and tried a particular softbait, I was on
a steep embankment and could easily see the action of the soft...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 10th, 2007, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By fishtale
Bass caught

I caught a few nice fish but not a lot of fish for the time I put in.
You can be the best angler in the world with the best techniques but
the water has to have bass. That's why I am going to try...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 10th, 2007, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By fishtale
Catch and release technique

Thank you ....Randy
The standard is to cause as little harm as possible to your quarry.

On Jul 9, 7:39 pm, "Fishking" wrote:
snip
you might be the best fisherman on...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 8th, 2007, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By fishtale
Catch and release technique

I've seen it done on fishing shows. I do it for panfish. I take more
care with gamefish and bass. I'm referring to shaking a fish off a
hook. Is it acceptable for true catch and release standards.
Forum: Bass Fishing July 6th, 2007, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By fishtale
Bass caught

I caught a few nice bass on an 2 week extended trip. Lures used were
#2, #3 shallow spinner, small xrap, small HJ, jointed lures of varying
sizes, and plastic worms. The biggest SM was in the 5lb ++...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 14th, 2007, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By fishtale
soft plastics

Bass season is about to open. Up to now I have been using jerkbaits
for another species. I have a favourite place to fish for bass, From
experience soft plastics are good and I also use jointed...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 29th, 2007, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By fishtale
baitcaster

On Mar 28, 7:47 am, "lab~rat :-)" wrote:
On 22 Mar 2007 17:20:39 -0700, "fishtale"
puked:

A consideration was to buy a left or right hand...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 23rd, 2007, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By fishtale
baitcaster

A consideration was to buy a left or right hand retrieve. Some anglers
cast with their dominant arm and switch hands and retrieve with the
dominant hand and set the hook with the subordinate arm. I...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 23rd, 2007, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By fishtale
baitcaster

Bought a new baitcaster the quantum ac501pt. Quite a learning curve to
getting up to speed. Looking forward to the upcoming season. All the
best
Forum: Bass Fishing March 16th, 2007, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By fishtale
baitcaster

Is the quantum ac500cx still on the market? I'm going to the show and
i want to get a baitcaster. thanks
Showing results 1 to 25 of 103