Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 3.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John
Forum: Fly Fishing June 4th, 2008, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By John
I took my daughter fly fishing today...

"Zimbo" said it all in the subject line!!!

Way to go Dad!!!

You have a few months of fun coming your way this Summer and Fall then plan
on taking your princess to a joint father/daughter fly tying...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying May 23rd, 2008, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 26
Posted By John
vise

"AKSkim" said:

John, your the first owner of one .....
Actually I'm not an owner. Norlander WILL refund your money, but not
cheerfully.

that I heard that hates it (couse I
never heard of...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying May 22nd, 2008, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 26
Posted By John
vise

There are lots of good vises for sale, and at least one piece of high priced
junk. I don't think you can go wrong with anything except that piece of junk
called Nor-Vise and their stupid bobbin....
Forum: Fly Fishing May 1st, 2008, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By John
a value of humans

"Larry L" said:

So I tried the 1-800 number shown on the website for "customer service" A
FULL HOUR and 1/2 later I finally got to talk to a human, after being
disconnected a few times,...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 27th, 2008, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By John
OT....Denmark Theory

opined:

- can you think of another profession
that is often as vital and integral to civilization, yet at the same
time, often as screwy and inane...?

Um..... Used car...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 7th, 2008, 08:02 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By John
Question for Matt

Sandy said:

I never saw a blue bug yet. But blue sure do work for me.

In the deep South, there are blue bugs. I have seen blue beetle-like bugs
that crawl and bright blue moths that fly. I tie...
Forum: Fishing Photos January 19th, 2008, 09:53 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 3
Posted By John
my boys doubled up

WAY TO GO DAD!
"RONNIE DAVIS" wrote in message
Will age 13 and Chad age 8 fishing at a private pond

Forum: Bass Fishing January 16th, 2008, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By John
Where's Randy?

Best wishes to you and your kids!

Bass fishing ALWAYS improves my life. Just being on the water and watching,
looking and listening is therapeutic for me!

Good luck!
John

"Fishking"...
Forum: Fishing Photos October 20th, 2007, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 5
Posted By John
texas sunset

Thanks for sharing!

John

"asadi" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing October 16th, 2007, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By John
Cheaper Fishing Tackle!

Thanks for posting Tom. I missed that.
John

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message

Ah, so you and are the...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 16th, 2007, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By John
I Love Bass Fishing, Don`t You Too?

I see where "Bass Fanatic" opined:

It's great to see a group of people that are passionate about bass
fishing; it's not given the credit in the US that it deserves.

How much MORE credit in the...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 7th, 2007, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.flyfishing
Replies: 19
Posted By John
Rotary Fly Tying Vises

I hate the Nor-vise. It's the most awkward thing I've ever used. ANY rotary
I've used is a better vise.
Ole Herb will give your money back - eventually and grudgingly! It took a
while and some...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 7th, 2007, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.flyfishing
Replies: 25
Posted By John
Rotary Fly Tying Vises

I hate the Nor-vise. It's the most awkward thing I've ever used. ANY rotary
I've used is a better vise.
Ole Herb will give your money back - eventually and grudgingly! It took a
while and some...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 7th, 2007, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.flyfishing
Replies: 18
Posted By John
Rotary Fly Tying Vises

I hate the Nor-vise. It's the most awkward thing I've ever used. ANY rotary
I've used is a better vise.
Ole Herb will give your money back - eventually and grudgingly! It took a
while and some...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By John
Bucket biology gone bad

Bugcaster sez:

I'm glad to hear that Crane is coming back. I have not been to either
Davis or Crane for many years. Maybe I'll have to put Crane back on the
pontoon trip next...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 23rd, 2007, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By John
Bucket biology gone bad

Forty said:

An interesting article in today's Times about a trout
fishery lost to big bass.

Maybe not. All LM and SM bass are exotic species and introduced west of the
Rockies. Neither are...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 23rd, 2007, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By John
Help - Anyone been to this place?

"Tim Cianciola" asked:

Does anyone have any first hand experience with Frontier River Guides?

Nope but I've seen them at several West Coast shows and have not heard
anything bad about them. I'd...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 21st, 2007, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 83
Posted By John
Peace Treaty?

David sez:

I wondered if it would ever be possible for folks to just "agree to
disagree" more on this board?

Nope. Won't happen but don't sweat it. Just play with your kids, take them
fishing...
Forum: Fishing Photos September 18th, 2007, 06:42 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 8
Posted By John
Tarantula

Yep son and I were fishing it yesterday AM in Central Oregon until the
incoming storm chased us home. We were using one fly fishing where I
embedded glass rattles in it and it conked my boy nicely...
Forum: Fishing Photos September 14th, 2007, 07:33 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 8
Posted By John
Tarantula

This Big Bass Popping Bug is made from wine cork.
For more info see Tom Nakashima's "Two-Buck_Chuck wins double gold" post in
R.O.F.F.
Forum: Fishing Photos September 14th, 2007, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 8
Posted By John
Fly Tying Symposium Somerset, NJ in 2007

"AKSkim" Sez:

Last year there appeared to be less vendors at the show. I hope that
trend doesn't continue into this years show.

Sadly that trend IS happening all over the country. There are...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 11th, 2007, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By John
Mr La Londe

Bob sez:
I've had 4 boats with Mercury motors. Maybe its time for
a change.

Perhaps here's an alternate for you. Next time you are buying another Merc
after all the negotiating is done but...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 29th, 2007, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By John
What First Got You Interested in Bass Fishing

Bob La Londe asked: What First Got You Interested in Bass Fishing

My mother and dad. Before there was any B.A.S.S. they were both Bass Derby
Winners (biggest bass) on Lake Hamilton and Lake...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58