Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Denis Lamy[_2_]
Forum: Fly Fishing November 4th, 2009, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
I'm a Youtube star!

Frank Reid © 2008 a écrit :
My Frank's Fighting Craw made it to Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLNRyAcdqM
I was tying at the FFF Southern Council Conclave when this guy comes
up and...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 23rd, 2009, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Single Malts

George Cleveland a écrit :

I bought a bottle of 10 year old Lamphroaig a few months ago and have
consumed about 3/4 of it in that time. The other day I came across a
bottle of Irish 1995...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 20th, 2009, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 42
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Rest in Peace

Frank Reid © 2008 a écrit :
29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. This morning
you we taken from us. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 6th, 2009, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
choc's photos

jeff a écrit :
here's a link to a photo site of our old friend, charlie choc. some
spectacular stuff, and worth a look if you appreciate camera art.

http://www.chocphoto.com/

Spectacular,...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying May 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Go cheap or big?

notbob a écrit :
I'm new to fly fishing, only since last Summer. I'm still pretty bad, but
my casting has improved and I love eating trout. I'm on a limited income so
flies can be expensive. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
WTH - Might as well ask about the whole Clave calendar..

The Finn a écrit :
Any other destinations planned for this year or are you all a bunch of
deadbeats?

Put me on the deadbeats list, I have my doctoral thesis to write this
year. Only one day...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 16th, 2009, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Great Fishing Website

a écrit :
I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I found a good fishing
website that you should look at. It has good information such as tides
and moon phases. The...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 6th, 2009, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Facebook again...

riverman a écrit :

http://www.allfacebook.com/2009/02/facebook-privacy/
(this is a good article)

Indeed it is... thanks for sharing. :-)

--
Hope to read you soon,
Forum: Fly Fishing January 23rd, 2009, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

MajorOz a écrit :
I just finished having my eyes fixed -- cataracts removed and implants
installed. I now have 20/20 up to about five feet away, progressing
to blurriness up to my nose.

Forum: Fly Fishing January 8th, 2009, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 33
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Cabin Fever

Fred a écrit :

What do most of you guys do in the off fishing seasons?

I've tried ice fishing, but it's hard to hit the hole with a 9 weight. :-S

--
Hope to read you soon,
Forum: Fly Fishing December 26th, 2008, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

rb608 a écrit :

A merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Joyeux Noël à tous et à tous une bonne et heureuse année. *:-O

--
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying December 15th, 2008, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12

Denis Lamy a écrit :
Hi everyone,

Since there's not much going on in this newsgroup, why not start another
controversy about tying flies. ;-)

Another trick that is as old as the tying...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Photos/Videos

a écrit :
A bit better time waster Myron?

http://www.catchmagazine.net/

Nice, Thanks for sharing.

--
Hope to read you soon,
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying December 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Old trick for the tying bench

Greg Mingle a écrit :
don't the hooks get magnetized?

greg

Not to my knowledge.

--
Hope to read you soon,
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying December 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Old trick for the tying bench

Hi everyone,

Since there's not much going on in this newsgroup, why not start another
controversy about tying flies. ;-)

A trick I have on my tying bench, my tying vise actually, is a large
flat...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 9th, 2008, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 24
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
rod for bride

Larry L a écrit :
My lovely bride of 32 years retires in March and will be traveling with me
on my trout bum summers, at least part of the time.

I expect to start her with a 4,5 or 6 and a...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 5th, 2008, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Trout on an early October morning

a écrit :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPICOslnrYE

Nice, thanks for sharing. :-)

--
Hope to read you soon,
Forum: Fly Fishing October 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Conan The Librarian a écrit :

The river is as pretty as any I have seen, and I hope to be able to
return. In fact, when we got back to the house in the evening, I told
Carol that maybe...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Wading Stick leash

Fred a écrit :
I bought one at Blue Ribbon flies
It was $30 or more
Like a zinger for a wading stick.

My wife lost a good wooden one on the Old Man River in Alberta so If any of
you find...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Trip Report

Tim Lysyk a écrit :
I went fishing with a friend today. We headed out to the Castle
Wilderness, in southwestern Alberta. The area is beautiful, and is about
an hour and a half drive from my...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 31st, 2008, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
best knot tying site

rw a écrit :
A friend is learning to fly fish. I've shown her the basic knots, but
I'd like a web site for her reference. Any opinions about the best web
site for knot tying?

(There are...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 24th, 2008, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Trico TR (13' Leader on an 8' Rod)

George Cleveland a écrit :
Took my time this morning getting to the River. Gassed up the Taurus.
Picked up a couple doughnuts from the Pig. By the time I parked at the
bridge at 8 the fish were...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 35
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
OT remission in remission

Ken Fortenberry a écrit :
My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance.

Sorry to read this, you'll be in our thoughts.

Take care of yourself, better let...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
Pics from CO

a écrit :
Enough of the OT stuff! Here's a few pics from a small stream in CO I
fished, which I referred to in a thread a while back:

Nice pics, thanks for sharing....
Forum: Fly Fishing April 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Denis Lamy[_2_]
A stream at your back door

Larry L a écrit :
http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/74c354039e23d3e9d25342e6b04ed716c99edca.jpg

"A river runs through it" rewritten? :-|

--
Hope to read you soon,
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46