Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Muskoka Fisherman
Forum: Bass Fishing October 31st, 2009, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Black dot on lures?

thanks, I never noticed the dot before.
Forum: Bass Fishing October 30th, 2009, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Black dot on lures?

I was wondering what the black dot on most hard baits represented?
Usually it's near the gill on the side.
Forum: Bass Fishing September 11th, 2009, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
round bait casting reels

I saw a TV show where they were using round bait casting reels for
bass. Is there any advantage with certain baits for the round style?
What is the advantage of this type of reel?
Forum: Bass Fishing July 28th, 2009, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
fishing off a pontoon boat???

My father in law would like to purchase a pontoon boat and try to hook
up a trolling motor to it for fishing. The boat would still have a 50
hp motor too. Has anyone tried to hook up a trolling...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 15th, 2007, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
trolling motor battery size and brand?

I am going to buy a 30 lb thurst min Kota trolling motor to push
around a 14 foot aluminum boat. I'm going to mount it on the bow even
though it's transom mount. What size battery should i...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 12th, 2007, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Small fish near big fish?

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to up the size of my lures and maybe
try some jig and pigs tool

Top water lures in weeds near drop offs have been working for me very
well this year.
Forum: Bass Fishing June 11th, 2007, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Boat Carpet

Have you thought of using a carpet cleaner that you rent from the
grocery store. They also have attachments that you can get into hard
to reach places.
Forum: Bass Fishing June 11th, 2007, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Canadian Bass fishing

I fish every chance I get in Muskoka. Near Mactier, Horseshoe Lake,
Lake Joe and once in a while over on Sparrow Lake
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 11th, 2007, 03:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

I've caught clams a bunch of times while fishing in Ontario. I guess
the hook lands in their mouth and they grab on. Not much of a fight
though
Forum: Fly Fishing June 11th, 2007, 03:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 52
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

I've caught clams a bunch of times while fishing in Ontario. I guess
the hook lands in their mouth and they grab on. Not much of a fight
though
Forum: Bass Fishing June 11th, 2007, 03:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 48
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

I've caught clams a bunch of times while fishing in Ontario. I guess
the hook lands in their mouth and they grab on. Not much of a fight
though
Forum: Bass Fishing June 11th, 2007, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Small fish near big fish?

I was out fishing today catching 2.5 -3.5 lb bass all day long. Do
larger fish hang out in the same areas as the smaller fish? or should
I be going somewhere else to fish for the big ones?
Forum: Bass Fishing December 16th, 2006, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 32
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Can you believe?

It's another beautiful day. I live in Toronto Canada. No snow yet or
in site for Christmas, every year there is less and less snow. Too bad
it's still to cold to fish and not cold enough for the...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 16th, 2006, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 32
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Can you believe?

It's another beautiful day. I live in Toronto Canada. No snow yet or
in site for Christmas, every year there is less and less snow. Too bad
it's still to cold to fish and not cold enough for the...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 2nd, 2006, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
spinnerbaits.

Just wondering do you have lots of different styles and colours of
spinner baits? Or do you have a kit with different skirts in it so
you only have to change the skirt colour?
Forum: Bass Fishing September 20th, 2006, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Fishing on top?

I like fishing on top all day long. I love to see the lure and the
fish strike it. Generally I fish it in the morning when the lake is
fairly calm in a depth to about 15 feet. When I get a strike...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 17th, 2006, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 17
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Bass in a Aquarium

My wife is a teacher at a highschool in Ontario, Canada. Does anyone
know if it's legal or possible to keep Largemouth bass and sunfish in a
aquarium at her school. Would it be hard to keep or too...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 13th, 2006, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Pausing the lure

I have been about 15 feet away from them in the boat and they were
about 1 foot or so away from the lure.
Forum: Bass Fishing September 13th, 2006, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Pausing the lure

and the lure is sitting on the bottom of the lake usually and i hop it
along
Forum: Bass Fishing September 13th, 2006, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Pausing the lure

I can see them sitting about 8 feet down under some fallen trees or
near docks in some of the clear lakes. I have used tubes, jigs and
worms.
Forum: Bass Fishing September 12th, 2006, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Pausing the lure

I was wondering about how long to pause certain plastic lures when the
fish is watching them. I have been out a number of times this summer
when a 5 lb bass has been eyeing my worm or jig and just...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 12th, 2006, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 0
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Fishing videos

If some of you are looking for informational videos and tips, there is
the WFN. Which is the World Fishing Network website. It's actually a
tv channel dedicated to fishing 24 hours a day. You can...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 7th, 2006, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Getting married this weekend and going on honeymoon.

good luck getting away from your wife on your honeymoon. Maybe you
should get that rowboat your were talking about and tell her you are
taking her for a romantic paddle. Anything labled "special"...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 7th, 2006, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Baitcasting Line

Thanks for the advice, my real is a quantum and it does seem like it's
a little noisy I'll grease it up I think that will help.
Kieran
Forum: Bass Fishing September 5th, 2006, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Muskoka Fisherman
Baitcasting Line

I was wondering which brand and test of line is good for flipping jig
and pig style lures. I have 40 lb power pro on it now. I find when I
flip it and and keep the line fairly taught so I don't get...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25