Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nick
Forum: General Discussion January 3rd, 2008, 04:51 AM Posted to alt.fishing
Replies: 11
Posted By Nick
Nothing stings like a hook in the hand.

Hi Rodney,

I agree that the looped line method should be tried if the hook is not in too
deep. Put a couple of loops of line around the shank of the hook. Then hold
the eye of the hook against the...
Forum: General Discussion November 13th, 2007, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.fishing
Replies: 11
Posted By Nick
Nothing stings like a hook in the hand.

Rusty hooks should be replaced before going fishing. I carry a hook removal
kit in my boat. It contains small needle nosed pliers, dikes (diagonal cutting
pliers) with compound leverage, alcohol...
Forum: Catfish Fishing July 30th, 2007, 01:43 PM Posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Replies: 8
Posted By Nick
Dip bait question

I agree with Rich. If you want to catch big catfish, go for the bluegills or
shad to use for bait. Fish them either live or freshly cut up. Change the cut
bait often. You won't get any large cats on...
Forum: General Discussion April 18th, 2007, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.fishing
Replies: 6
Posted By Nick
Instant Fisherman

Well said!

A good small rod and reel that breaks down doesn't take much space and it
will actually feel a lot better in your hand! You'll get a lot more quality
and enjoyment for your $40.00! I...
Forum: Catfish Fishing April 18th, 2007, 02:41 AM Posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Replies: 6
Posted By Nick
crayfish for bait ?????????????

Crayfish are excellent for catching the smaller channel and flathead
catfish. We have used them a lot. As a bonus, we sometimmes pull a nice
smallmouth out of the river on them too! We catch them...
Forum: UK Game Fishing April 8th, 2007, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,uk.rec.fishing.game,alt.animals.rights.promotion,talk.environment,rec.animals.wildlife
Replies: 42
Posted By Nick
Fishing is Cold-Hearted!

The research on the survivability of fish that have been caught and released
simply does not support this claim. Most of those fish survive. Many of the
deeply hooked fish even survive because the...
Forum: General Discussion April 8th, 2007, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,uk.rec.fishing.game,alt.animals.rights.promotion,talk.environment,rec.animals.wildlife
Replies: 25
Posted By Nick
Fishing is Cold-Hearted!

The research on the survivability of fish that have been caught and released
simply does not support this claim. Most of those fish survive. Many of the
deeply hooked fish even survive because the...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 8th, 2007, 02:56 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 9
Posted By Nick
Why do bass look so small

Objects that are closer to the camera lens are magnified more than more
distant objects. Short focal length lenses such as those on most "point and
shoot" cameras enhance this effect more than...
Forum: Catfish Fishing April 8th, 2007, 02:11 AM Posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Replies: 2
Posted By Nick
doughbaits?

Here is my doughball recipe. We fish for carp in the Ohio River when they
are active in the spring and summer. After you finish laughing at us, keep
in mind that eating catfish out of this section...
Forum: Catfish Fishing April 8th, 2007, 01:53 AM Posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Replies: 2
Posted By Nick
Best rigs for shore fishing?

We do our catfish fishing in the Ohio River. Our usual rig consists of
either 14 or 20 pound test yellow mono line threaded through an egg sinker
or bank sinker to a large swivel. About three feet...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10