Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: M
Forum: Fly Fishing July 29th, 2013, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By M
Tubflies for newbie

I started fly fishing last year and this year I want to try for sea trout and salmon. I recently got a few tubflies given from someone but it's a real struggle getting them out. They're relatively...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By M
Kit for sea bass

I'm hoping to take a break for a week or so to Morocco early in the New Year and am thinking about fly fishing for sea bass. I'd appreciate some advice on gear.

I started fly fishing last year and...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 2nd, 2012, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By M
Advice on some fundamentals and behaviours

On Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:34:13 AM UTC+1, M wrote:
I'm still new to flyfishing. My casting is going well and I'm catching fish on dry and wet fly, which is a real pleasure.

I'm...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 2nd, 2012, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By M
Advice on some fundamentals and behaviours

I'm still new to flyfishing. My casting is going well and I'm catching fish on dry and wet fly, which is a real pleasure.

I'm puzzled at the way I'm catching fish on wet fly though and I'd...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 24th, 2012, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By M
Braided loops

I recently bought some braided loops which came with a plastic sleeve. The sleeve is supposed to slide over the loop (once the braid is threaded onto the fly line) to be glued over the butt end of...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By M
Swapping leaders

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:08:16 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:06:51 AM UTC-7, M wrote:
> I'm still new to fly fishing and for the moment...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 18th, 2012, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By M
Turning the fly

I'm new to fly fishing. I've been out 4 times now, getting the hang of casting well enough and am catching wild (as opposed to farmed) fish. I've got some head space now for a bit of experimenting to...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 18th, 2012, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By M
Swapping leaders

Don, thanks. Rule of Thumb helps me get the right tippet. I think I might create a butt section with a perfection loop for quick change of leader.
Mark

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:06:51 AM UTC+1,...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By M
Swapping leaders

I'm still new to fly fishing and for the moment I'm trying to keep things simple. Can anyone help with some ideas to make changing leaders easier. I'm finding it's easier not to, so I need a new...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 17th, 2012, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By M
Casting practice - fields & water ... beginner

On Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:54:42 AM UTC+1, riverman wrote:
On Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:07:57 AM UTC+8, M wrote:
I'm new to fly fishing. First thing, of many, I need to practice is casting. I...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 16th, 2012, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By M
Casting practice - fields & water ... beginner

I'm new to fly fishing. First thing, of many, I need to practice is casting. I was thinking of practising in a nearby field with my new dry fly line (without leader). Is this likely to damage my...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11