Old May 1st, 2011, 02:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Default Speaking of Penns Clave- Not your Father's Milheim

On 4/30/2011 8:19 PM, Giles wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:01 pm, Injun wrote:
On Apr 29, 8:09 am, Frank Reid © wrote:

On Apr 29, 6:32 am, Gene wrote:

Most of you know that the Elk Creek Cafe in Millheim has been enjoying
more than a little success. I wish the owner well. It's nice to have
food for people who don't have to have meat an potatoes at every
meal. Anyway, some additions to Millheim that you may not have been
aware of.: a wine co-op (a place to taste and buy wines from a couple
of PA wineries), a coffee shop, and an art gallery. Now, here's the
fisherman's part. The coffee shop is called the "Inglebeanery", and
the art gallery is "The Green Drake Gallery and Arts Center".

Like I said, not your father's Milleim.

Aw, our little town has grown up. Unfortunately, this means the
strippers are gone.
Frank Reid

Joe the Elder asks------do the ducks still have right of way ?

Never studied law in Pennsylvania myself, but I suspect that as is the
case here in Curdistan ducks, like any other pedestrians (I've
encountered exactly zero evidence in support of homocentricity) have
titular right of way pretty much everywhere in the nation.

On the other hand, there is a wealth of evidence supporting the
contention that "He/She/It had the right of way" could and should be
among the most common of descriptive epitaphs.

giles
caveat peripator

waddling into the middle of a main thoroughfare from an alleyway is not
a right i'd recommend any pedestrian assert...especially when such right
makes claim against a truck loaded with... uh ... loaded fishermen.

jeff (though a difficult defense, i maintain it was a "darting duck",
suicidal. ...and, um, from where do you think the duck dinner at the
hotel originates, eh?)