Old April 26th, 2007, 11:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default What is this thing?

"John B" wrote in message
When I was unpacking, I noticed I had an extra rod with no reel. After
looking in some old tackle boxes I found an old Shimano reel, cleaned it
up, and it works good. I now have four rods and reels sitting by the
front door with different baits on them.,,,getting lazy in my old age
.

My question is, I was looking through a "care" package my son sent me
and found some soft plastic jerk baits. One package of them has these
speckled green "things" in them...no label on the package. They are
about 8 inches long and have more "legs" than a centipede...anyone know
what this ugly looking critter is, and what it's supposed to represent?

It don't look like a crawfish to me...or anything else I recognize. But
you have to remember, I am from the old school...if it ain't a purple
worm, I am sometimes confused .

John K

Maybe its a hellgramite.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...lgramite&gbv=2