Old January 22nd, 2006, 06:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Reel mechanics

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:03:25 GMT, "Doug"
sent into the ether:

Hi everyone!

Say, does anyone know of someone reputable that does maintenance on higher
end reels? I have a couple Shimano Sustains that need bearing upgrades and
basically gone thru to get ready for the season. I would like the
reassurance that they are actually a business too and not an individual
working out of there living room, a website maybe would help. I guess what
I'm saying is that if I send my reels somewhere, I want to KNOW that I"ll
get them back.

No one in my area does any reel repair except one guy, I don't think he does
much but squirt oil around the external parts that's it. I took a reel to
him for the same problem 3 different times and I know he never cracked the
case. I used white lithium grease normally myself, and before I took the
reel to him the 3rd time, I put a drop of blue grease in the crank case and
it was still there upon return and he assured me he redid the whole thing
for a 3rd time. No way.......

Anyway, if anyone has an rec's, I would be interested!

Thanx,

Doug

These might help. Jerry Barton posted them a while back. I know
others out here are also aware of other service places.
http://heartlandtackleservice.com/shimano.stm
http://home.att.net/~kelley_brown/reelservice.html
http://members.cox.net/del-mart/hotrod.html

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!