Old January 23rd, 2006, 08:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Reel mechanics

Okay, I'll give him a try and see how it goes. I seen his name come up in a
couple posts last year when I frequented the r.o.f.b. but couldn't remember
the name until I seen Jerry's post. Lights and whistles went off.
I know you all spoke highly of him in the past and looks as though his
reputation is still in good standing.

I have sent a reel into the factory before for repair, they sent it back and
said nothing was needed, and that it was in proper working order. It took
over a month from beginning to end to get it back, (mostly cause it was in
California I suppose) and turned out to be an upsetting experience since it
still had the problem and it was SMALLIE SEASON!!.

I've just had some bad luck with reel repair I guess. Starting to feel a
bit like Schleprock when it comes to picking repairmen.. lol

Anyway, I'll give this guy a try and I do appreciate the info.

:-)

Doug

"Charles B. Summers" charles wrote in message
I'll second Jerry's post and say that Fishermans Blessing is where mine
are going. Actually, I've got a rod blank that I'm going to take to him
this weekend to have built. Great prices... and local too! LOL