Old February 8th, 2010, 01:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Fishing OK - Execution, not so much.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

Probably just as well we were in The Tin Can. The water was pretty low.
The only real disadvantage is she's slow, and our first spot was a bit of
a run. With judicious use of a push pole and the trolling motor we
managed to skim into our first spot and caught a nice limit of small
keepers pretty quick by chunking and winding. On a hunch I tossed a large
white spinner bait up and dragged it over a shallow tree stump. When I
started working the shallow flat I told myself the water was to low and it
was too early yet to find them up there, but as I dragged it over a branch
it got whacked by our big fish of the day. A solid 4+. We dinked around
a bit more, but our crank / spinner bait bite was done.

Oh, yeah, and just to make Joe happy. It was a Secret Weapon. LOL. The
Persuaders and King Cobras I might have been throwing are all locked up in
The Antique Kitten. The SWL was the only one I had in the right color when
I was filling my little carry bag I use when I'm fishing out of The Tin Can.