Old January 23rd, 2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,uk.rec.fishing.game,alt.animals.rights.promotion,talk.environment,rec.animals.wildlife
Capt John

Default hell no!!!!!!!!!!!

quietguy wrote:
There is an easy test - just stick one of the hooks you use through your
upper lip and give it a good strong pull - if it hurts you it hurts the
fish

David - who has no probs about fishing for a feed, but has no time for
those who think sticking sharp hooks into some poor creature is 'fun'

wrote:

fishing is not crule!!!!!!! i have fished for 10 years and i have never
kill a fish, fishing is not crule if you use barbless hooks and un
hooking mats.

This is typical of those who learned everything they know about animal
life from Walt Disney.

The mouth of most fish is all, or mostly, bone. That's because many of
the fish they eat to survive have fins with sharp spines on the end.
Those fish that have fleshy mouths have very tough mouths as well. I've
been shark fishing many times, seen sharks hooked, fought to the boat,
released, only to see the same fish swim over to the next bait and hook
themselves again. Bluefish will do the same. Remember, we're talking
about fish here, not characters from "Finding Nemo" (sorry, but that is
"make beleave", so is the Easter Bunny, someone had to break the news
to you). Most fish are not very smart, and their memory isn't very
long. So all that pain and suffering you think they feel is very
quickly forgotten, if it was ever there in the first place. No need for
months of therapy here.

You should watch fish feed in the wild sometime (not covered in Finding
Nemo or by Walt Disney), their quite barbaric, to say the least. I'm
afraid their not the cuddly peaceful creatures you thought they were.
In fact, when they grow large enough, just jump in the water with them,
and you to might become part of the food chain.