Old January 30th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Sully

Thanks to all; Pepperoni, Doug, and Smorgass bored! I don't have any
heavy duty spinning gear, but I do have Muskie gear Probably not a
good idea. But I would pick up a larger spinning outfit, no problem.
Same with tackle, whatever. Any advice on what kind of spinners and jigs
to cast? I am familiar with plenty of bait fishing; afterall this is MN,
walleye country! But most of out bait is live bait.
With bait fishing of piers or near bridges, do you fish bottom?

Last summer a buddy and I were fishing on Lake Oahe in SD. Fishing was
pretty tough and the next morning we go into a bait shop for more
minnows. I tell my buddy: "since we didn't do so good yesterday, it's
obvious I need more tackle". He says something to the owner about me not
being able to lift my jig tackle box now, and he's gonna throw more lead
in there? May have to buy another tackle box.

Pepperoni mentioned walking and sight fishing for snook. Are they in
shallow in March? Sounds like fun. What else can a guy expect catch with
the types of shore fishing I mentioned? Probably bring my waders?

Thanks to you guys for the info
Sully

Smorgass Bored wrote:

I got distracted and posted this reply to the wrong thread... sorry
Go to the bridge that goes from Sanibel to Captiva Islands and
park on the east side before crossing over. Park off to the right of the
road and walk over to the left side for beach fishing. You can get an
inexpensive yellow floating bait bucket and some live shrimp. Tie a
piece of string or rope to the handle and tie on a piece of brick (often
found there along the road) and toss that in the water to keep your bait
bucket close to the beach and in the water. Look for seashells while
waiting for something to bite. I think those two islands are the two
best seashell collecting islands of the in the U.S.

Doug
~*((( Big fish eat Little fish )))*~