Old February 10th, 2005, 06:57 AM
A.C.

If you fish by the boat ramp on the Ft. Myers beach side you save yourself
$12.00 in tolls. Fishing Ft. Myers beach on a high tide with artificials
works pretty good too. I use ultralight to light spinning tackle. If you can
afford it, you might want to consider hiring a guide and going out on a
charter for a day. And don't forget that license! Don't let anyone sell you
a Snook permit during March or April as the season is closed then and they
are only catch and release.

http://marinefisheries.org/

Marco Island is further south of Ft. Myers/Cape Coral ( about 35-40 miles,
closer to Naples) and I'm not too familiar with fishing that area, but I've
heard it can be fun. I live in Cape Coral so I know mostly Estero Bay, Pine
Island Sound, and the Caloosahatchie.
You will have fun though!

-A.C.

"Smorgass Bored" wrote in message

Ray or Bobbi Adams said:
Sounds like where i fished when i lived in Ft. Myers, escept there is no
bridge from Sanibel to Captiva, you must mean the Sanibel Causeway
Bridge. On the right is the boat ramp and i fished under the bridge on
the ramp side for Tarpon, snook.
Ray

(*~ I think that I meant Marco Island. I get my islands mixed up...

and, my medicines.. imo

Doug
~*((( Big fish eat Little fish )))*~