Old February 12th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Smorgass Bored

If you fish by the boat ramp on the Ft. Myers beach side you save
yourself $12.00 in tolls. Fishing Ft. Myers beach on a high tide with
artificials works pretty good too. I use ultralight to light spinning
tackle. If you can afford it, you might want to consider hiring a guide
and going out on a charter for a day. And don't forget that license!
Don't let anyone sell you a Snook permit during March or April as the
season is closed then and they are only catch and release.
http://marinefisheries.org/
Marco Island is further south of Ft. Myers/Cape Coral ( about 35-40
miles, closer to Naples) and I'm not too familiar with fishing that
area, but I've heard it can be fun. I live in Cape Coral so I know
mostly Estero Bay, Pine Island Sound, and the Caloosahatchie.
You will have fun though!
-A.C.

(*~ I think that the OP (original poster) might get current
information (and a possible Free fishing trip) by asking his question at
www.FloridaSportsman.com
and click on 'Forums' and then "West Central Florida" (or, whatever area
one might be interested in).
A good friend of mine was invited Free of charge this past Tuesday to
an allday (15 hours) trip 130 miles out to the 'elbow' and caught some
very nice snapper and grouper. He is pictured holding some of his fish
in the thread about 'fishing buddies'..
He also caught about a 5'-6' long 'trumpet fish', but I don't think he
knows how to play it.

Doug
~*((( Big fish eat Little fish )))*~