Old December 11th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Chas Wade

Default San Juan and the Fish Pimp

Willi wrote:

bruiser wrote:

Let's see, what else...

Chas caught a fish in the Texas Hole with a stimulator.

No ****?

I'm impressed! What's the story Chas?

Well, it's like this. I was standing on the point between the main
stream and a small one on the left. The calm water was covered with a
matt of foam about an inch thick, and that was full of midges, mostly
alive, and in various stages of trying to escape the foam. The fish
were coming up underneath and taking something off the bottom of the
foam. Not the scooping you sometimes see, but it looked more like
taking individual bugs. I dapped one of the #14 orange stimulators I
tied last year for the swap, and the fish came up and sucked it in
about 15 feet in front of me. An average sized fish, 15 inches or so,
that put up a good fight. That was my only rise to a dry.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/w...ome.html-.html