Old February 19th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Vincent.

Default 7' baitcasting rod...

"AJH" wrote in message
I would not rely on test information from professional anglers, Most are
sponsored and are selling rods.

Mmmmh not false this... :-s

The guys on this news group will give you good recommendations,

Yep!... How happy I am, I recover there friendship of my usuals news... ;-)

What are you going to use the rod for?

For the most: fishing!... :-)))
In fact and seriously, I track pikes from a boat in the reserve of a
stopping of the Rhone usualy, and sometime in Alpen lakes like Le Bourget,
the biggest natural lake of France. I like to go to in places encumbers with
wood or underwater vegetation for some short and precis casts... Most of the
catches are pikes around 2.5ft and very irritated... :-) I use for the most
softbaits natural shad 1/3OZ, spinnerbaits 1/2OZ, and some big stickbaits
like sammy or gunnish in "walking the dog" (I love this WAWLAOOOOFFF! up on
the water when pikes attack... :-)... I like to have a fast action of the
rod and look for a 1OZ rod I think... For the moment I have a Shimano
Diaflash 210 "M" spinning rod 1OZ which has a progressive action, and two
Garbolino casting: one 6' 1OZ and the other 6.6' 1 1/2 OZ (don't search,
they are a frenches ones... :-) witch have extra fast actions... I think I
need a fast action 1OZ... and I like 7' rods... but
I didn't use the castings for the moment (I recieve my Curado 201B today...)
to know more... it will try them this week-end... :-)))

How much do you want to spend?

The price is not so important if the rod deserves it but I'd rather be under
$200... that is enough, I must add shipping price after... :-s

Vincent.