Old November 20th, 2005, 12:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

Frank Reid wrote:
One comment, you need two
coolers of ice (one with water, one without) to do what Barry's asking.

In my original post, I quote Sarah Fox saying:

"One thing we did that helped was to "cold-anesthetize" the fish before

killing them. This was very easy: We dumped ice in the fish bucket.
Because the fish are cold blooded, loss of body heat is not distressing

to them, at least in the same sense as it would be to a bird or
mammal."

Sounds like one bucket is all you need. But I never really "asked"
anything in the beginning of this thread. Eventually, I said something
like "just put some freaking ice in the bucket" when someone who didn't
get it was being sarcastic.