Old November 20th, 2005, 01:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

wrote:
riverman wrote:

So let me see if I get this right.

You post a bunch of insane crap on a fishing newsgroup, get a
less-than-warm response

Be specific about the "insane crap" in my posts. "Less-than-warm" isn't
an appropriate description of the responses.

The figure of speech Myron used is called litotes: Deliberate
understatement, especially when expressing a thought by denying its
opposite. It's a common and witty manner of expressing contempt,
completely within the bounds of polite discourse. Now the "insane crap"
is something else. :-)

Like at least one other person, I can't decide whether you're a
brilliant troll or the world's biggest fool. I'm leaning toward fool,
because I've never seen a troll that good. Not even close.