Old October 31st, 2005, 02:26 PM
Larry Rappaport

Default Fishing question

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:08:22 -0600, "Stinkweed"
wrote (with possible editing):

How do you all feel about fish and release. I love to fish, but I don't
like to eat the fish so they are released, when I mention this some people
feels that it is not a nice thing to do. You should fish to eat or not fish
at all. I'm just curious as to what the opinion of this group is.

Well, fwiw, our government feels that C&R is ok. Otherwise why would
they designate sections of streams and lakes as C&R? My favorite
stream is C&R, now. I used to eat a lot of fish, but now that most
fresh water fish in New England are so mercury laden, the government
recommends only one per month. I'd like to keep in shape, though, so
I support C&R.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com