Old November 7th, 2006, 02:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Default Herd Lake

rw wrote:

We scouted it yesterday and saw seven head -- a spike and several cows.
(We have cow tags.) There were probably more in the timber. It looks
like a pretty good setup.

We hunted that timbered draw today. The wolves had chased the elk out.
There were wolf tracks all over the snow and I actually saw a wolf
hightailing it away from the draw. Oh well. We went to the top and into
the next drainage and spotted elk far away -- I've attached a photo from
the top. After a long, long hike Ben had a 200-yard shot and missed.