Old August 18th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Conan The Librarian

Bob La Londe wrote:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

The best way to attach leader to line is a well-tied nail
knot but if you gotta have a gadget Eagle Claw makes a
plastic doodad that some people like.

Is that the mesh thing that looks like a cable pulling sleeve? I never
could get those to work for me. Either I couldn't get them on or I could
them on, but they would slide right off.

Ken's referring to "leader links". They are small, clear, hollow
plastic doodads through which you thread your line on one end and your
leader on the other. Tie a knot in each and pull them up inside the
leader link.

They work fine; they glide through the guides easily, float and
aren't readily visible on the water. I use them most of the time these
days. (I'll still tie a nail knot sometimes if I'm riggin up at home,
but for use on the stream they're very handy.)

Chuck Vance