Old May 13th, 2008, 04:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default And you say Bush is dumb.....

On Tue, 13 May 2008 02:42:16 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
news
But it's fun, John.

There, I'll disagree with you, old pirate. What is going on in the nation
and within our role in the world is too important to trivialize as some
would do. Focusing on little video snippets and trying to portray an
intelligent person as dumb isn't "fun", it's trivializing an opportunity for
a legitimate national debate on some issues. Not that the actual candidates
won't manage to drop the gravitas levels a few notches before the process is
over, but still, I suspect those who would have the race reduced to guilt by
association, cherry-picked video clips, or misrepresented sound bits don't
really have the nation's best interests at heart.......

Um, how about Obama's defense of the "100 years in Iraq" commercials?
Even rational Dems were calling it a gross inaccurate characterization
of both the full quote and the intent, which is exactly what it was.
Thus far, I'd have to give the "high road" nod to McCain (personally -
the same cannot be said of several local GOP campaign ads).

TC,
Tom