Old January 1st, 2012, 04:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_13_]

Default Another disappointment...

rw56 wrote in news:3ef6735f-323d-4330-8785-
:

On Dec 31 2011, 1:14*pm, Frank Church
wrote:
I have always liked St Croix fly rods and some years ago took a tour
through their factory in Park Falls, WI. While looking at their web page
yesterday I see that they're now made in Mexico. I wonder how many other
original American brand rods have moved off shore?

Frank Sr.
Is it spring yet?

They should change their name to Santa Cruz.

Well, they named one of their low end rods Rio Santos, now I know why.

Frank Sr.
....can a name change be far behind? Probably not, they're counting on guys
like me who's into brand loyalty. (or was)