Old November 20th, 2003, 09:03 AM
Peter Charles

Default fenwick cartridge reels

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:57:42 GMT, "Bill Kiene"
wrote:

Hi Dan,

I found the Fenwick cartridge fly reels and spools on the web.

I think they are made in England by the British Fly Reel Company now owned
by the Orvis Company. British Fly Reel Company makes lots of low end fly
reels for many companies like SA and Cortland too. Orvis had so many
Battenkill made there, they decided to buy it 5 to 10 years ago?

It looks strangely similar to the original (non-large arbor) Rocky Mountain
by Orvis.

I don't think you will get hurt for $44.95 for a reel and $12.95 for a
cartridge.

http://www.fishusa.com/tackleshop/ca...V2CPW7TJ7BD67A

In that case, it's a decent reel. Both my son and I have had BFR
Dragonflies (the original version of the Orvis RM) and never have had
any problems. The price is decent.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html