Old November 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,uk.transport,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.food+drink.misc
PeterT

Default The Human "Omnivore": a mythological beast

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:24:13 +0000, Gloria
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:14:33 -0800, NotMe
wrote:

On 14 Nov, 17:52, Gloria wrote:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:58:31 -0000, "Knight Of The Road"

wrote:

"Gloria" wrote

However,
it would be perfectly feasable for a person or pack of people to chase and
kill cows,

I'd like to see that!

I presume you are under the misapprehension that cows are fleet of foot?

Certainly faster than humans, especially the tubby meat eaters who's
idea of exercise is looking through the McDonalds menu!

Have you ever seen the footage of primates hunting down a different
primate as a pack? The heavy stronger ones run up ahead and sit in
wait, whilst the small ones chase the prey towards the trap. When the
prey arrives the stronger primates jump on their prey and tear it
apart.

Isolated incidents and unusual.

Evidence of their isolation etc?

How would you bring the cow down once you have caught? Tie it's
shoelaces up!.

Three people could easily bring a cow down.

Nonsense. They couldn't catch it let alone bring it down. I presume
your not talking about wild cattle, but the fat overweight ones penned
up?

You don't get out much do you?

Both are unnatural which brings us back to the original point, we are
not meant to eat meat.

We are

--
Only some ghastly, dehumanised moron would want to get rid of the Routemaster.
Ken Livingstone 2001

PeterT