Old November 17th, 2011, 12:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Default Howdy and FS

congrats chuck...it'll be a longer drive to the smokies, but hope you
find and enjoy your own "bright country".

jeff

On 11/16/2011 10:36 AM, Conan The Librarian wrote:
Long time, no talk. I see ROFF isn't dead yet, but it certainly
smells funny. :-)

I don't have anything to offer in the way of TR's, as all my
favorite streams are just about dried up from the damned drought (2
years of it).

The good news is I retired on Oct. 31st, so I have plenty of time
to not fish. ;-) The next phase of our lives is to sell our house
here and make the move to our little town in the heart of Mexico.
(And no, we're not afraid of the drug wars there; would you avoid
Austin if there were people being killed in Detroit over drugs?)

Anyhow, part of getting ready for the move involves "liquidating
excess inventory". With that in mind, I figured I'd give you ne'er-do-
wells the first shot at a couple of rods I don't plan to take with
me. (Yeah, coals to Newcastle and all that, still I'd be happier if
one of youse was using them than selling to some unknown on Ebay or
Craigslist.)

The rods a

Scott S3 803/4 8' 4 pc. 3 wt. Serial#63597 manufactured ca. 2004,
original tube and sock; gently used less than 10 times; $300

Diamondback Diamondglass fiberglass 703, 3 wt. 3 pc. 7' rod, only
used on a couple of Smoky Mountains brookie streams, original sock and
tube; $150

You can contact me off the group at if you're
interested.

Chuck Vance