Old March 13th, 2007, 01:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Default Marsh Creek

Fred Lebow wrote:
wrote in message
...I was skating the
crust at Marsh Creek meadow this morning. Marsh Creek

is the headwaters of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in central
Idaho. The Sawtooth Mountains are in the background and my skiing
companion is in the foreground. In the the summer Marsh Creek holds
spawning native (non-hatchery) Chinook salmon. Unfortunately, non-native
brook trout ruin this otherwise ideal spawning water.

--

Is that a border collie in the foreground?

Yes, but it's not just any Border Collie. It's my Border Collie, Bee,
whose grandfather was Ben, a British sheepherding champion. Bee has
every characteristic of her grandfather. She can herd both sheep and
cows like you would not believe your eyes. The horses and mules pretty
much ignore her.

Anyway, she's an excellent skiing companion. She's tireless at six years
old. She loves to go fishing, too. She just watches, intensely.