Old September 21st, 2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default Fly Rod

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:53:36 -0400, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

Mr. Kusse is a *well-known* bamboo rod maker
http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feat...oo/part80.html and may have
some info he can share with you.

The first bamboo rod (a 3/4 weight) I had Ron make me came with two
tips. When it arrived I noticed that it had room in the sock bag for
four pieces (butt section and three tips). Ron called me and said he
was sending me a third tip because he was not satisfied with the
workmanship on the two tips he had sent. I got the two tips out of
the sock and he showed me the "blemish" he discovered on one of the
tips. It was nothing. I would not have noticed it if he didn't point
it out, and even then I didn't consider it a blemish.

It is a beautiful rod, very delicate and absolutely lovely for fishing
small dry flies.

He is a wonderful artist.

Dave