Old April 30th, 2008, 03:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.boats.cruising
Larry[_2_]

Default Autopilots

Bigfoote wrote:

Raymarine Sportpilot. It is a wheel mount unit and may not fit but I have
had one on an old Slickcraft for 13 years and it is still doing the job
trolling for salmon on lake Michigan about 200 hours a year. Did have to
replace the electronic compass module once but at a very reasonable price.
Even accepts waypoint data from my old Garmin GPS/Plotter. Biggest problem
if it fits the wheel is where to mount the compass at lest 3 feet from any
large metal mass (i.e. engine). Ideal is low and to the rear to minimize
roll and pitch effects on compass but not easy in a small boat.

Would you please describe your Slickcraft? I think I had a Raymarine
Sportpilot, it may have changed, but perhaps it can be made to work.

Thanks!
--

Larry R
rapp at lmr dot com