Old April 30th, 2008, 03:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.boats.cruising
Larry[_2_]

Default Autopilots

On 2008-04-27 20:46:09 -0400, Larry said:

The autopilot I used had no sensor for speed. Does any? It would
seem to me that there needs to be one because response to the wheel is
proportional to your speed underway.

Haven't been paying attention to this thread, but my tiller AP will
"read" some NMEA speed sentence and the swing can be adjusted.

Do you know if reading the NMEA sentences replaces the fluxgate compass
or is used for longer range navigation (plotting a course with
waypoints). Thanks
--

Larry R
rapp at lmr dot com