Old July 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default Best tippet systems?

On Jul 13, 2:07*am, riverman wrote:
What have folks found for the best way to store their tippet in their
vest (or chest pack) so that its easily accessible and dispensable?

--riverman

OK, first sampling, it doesn't sound the folks who have responded
don't use any sort of holder or anything, but just keep the spools in
their vest. The reason for this post is that I use a tippet holder
that clips on my vest, but the damn thing seems to always be in the
way (line getting twisted around it, interfering wtih packing the
vest, etc). However, if I were to just put the spools in my pocket,
they would take up a ton of room: I carry a small spool each of 2x
through 7x mono, and also 5x and 6x fluoro. I suppose I could keep all
these in my gear box, and just take out what I need for that day's
outing, but that's one more thing to forget, and I sometimes tie up a
tapered leader on the river, so I might need a little of most of
these.

Of all the 'systems' involved in ff (how to carry your net, how to
carry flies, etc etc), the tippet spool thing is the one I am furthest
from finding the best solution to.

Oh that, and How To Catch Fish.

--riverman