Old April 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

Default nc easter bass fishing

jeff wrote:
Rodney Long wrote:

jeff wrote:

Maybe the gator was dead, might explain the smell and it not moving

I can't remember ever smelling a gator that smelled like rotting meat

don't think so...one of his front legs was still wet. but, i don't
know. my first such encounter. it wasn't rotting meat...but a
definite odor that caught my attention.

As cold as it was, he was probably trying to get warm in the sun then,
I bet he could have barely moved since it was so cold

he looked like a sprinter to me! g no doubt he was basking in the
sun. i've no experience with gators...my bet is he was a man eater,
playing possum til i got close enough. g

i wish i'd been more stalwart now that i'm safely home...but at the
time, since i'd already been bloodied by a flounder, i figured i'd
better not test an alligator's patience.

First picture is one swimming next to the kayak on a small pond we were
fishing. I got used to them and comfortable with them swimming around
the kayak. I even had one swim under it. However, I think I would have
freaked if I had tipped the kayak.

The second picture is of a salt Croc. Now those you have to be a bit
more concerned about. Charlie probably has a much better picture using
one of his big close up lens.

Willi

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version