Old September 16th, 2008, 05:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Sage rod advice, no pun

On Sep 16, 5:54*am, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:32:29 -0400, "Wayne Knight"

wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

Ah...I tend to not keep up with "old and outdated" and "NEW AND
IMPROVED!!!" *I knew that it was, um, "not current," but I wasn't sure
about how many levels of bullsh...er, improvements...that they had
advertis...er, made...

The why bother answering if you can't answer the question correctly?

Oh, **** you. *I said IIRC, it was 2 (or more) "lines" back, you say
it's only 1. *I didn't check, am not gonna check, and don't particularly
care either way.

Hell, without consulting model charts, catalogs, and other assorted
bull****, I think the "LATEST AND GREATEST!!!" Sage in my locker is an
LL (or maybe a little later rod, but not much...) and I have no idea
where it fits into the scheme...don't care, too...mated with a Billy
Trout and it fishes fine.

IMO, *the LL series in the lighter weights were the best rods Sage ever
made. Regardless, whatever business interest the Dean family have, surely
"they" have used some form of "new and improved" in their product
advertising? They wouldn't lie to us consumers would they?

No, I wouldn't, and would not tolerate anyone working for me doing it.
If it's a practical and honest improvement where a buyer can realize
true benefit because of the improvement, of course it would be touted,
but if it's some subjective nonsense used solely to encourage the
replacement of perfectly good product with other product, it's not
proper. *Aside from the dishonesty of doing it, it's bad business. *Now,
I have no problem with simply issuing new models each year, simply
presenting them as "The Latest For 2008", etc. and letting those that
simply must have "this year's model" buy away, but Sage's marketing,
like many other companies, FFing and otherwise, borders on deceptive IMO
- YMMV.

TC,

Nowhere near as deceptive as the bull**** you propagate here. What a
load of twaddle.

Maybe you should just learn to keep your lying trap shut?