Old September 27th, 2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Stephen Welsh

Default Losing fish at the tying bench: method 2047

Harry wrote:

Wow - should have read this NG more often. Someone had suggested to me to
tie up some circle hook flies for a recent striped bass trip we took to
Monomoy Island (off the coast of Cape Cod). I tied up a bunch of flies and
then read an earlier post that said they don't work. Had about 2 dozen flies
tied and didn't try a one. Oh well - we did fine anyway, but I would have
like to use them so the effort did not go to waste. I'll save them up for
next year. Because of the circular shape they make an excellent foundation
for a shrimp.

I think the critical thing, Harry, is to keep the gape clear. Don't
have your dressing close it at the bench or in use (spinning eyes %-).

Steve