Old September 28th, 2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

Default New Secret Weapon spinnerbait

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:56:49 -0500, "Joe Haubenreich"
wrote:

What John and Dan described isn't a new phenomena. If you search the tech
support forums, you'll run into this complaint pretty often, and rarely will
anyone offer a helpful suggestion on how to work around it.

With other ISP's I have learned that open servers that allow a lot of
spammers access also get blocked like that.

I suspect that some ISPs block their users' access to our server. I've been
told, although I haven't confirmed it, that an ISP has the capability to
block specific Web sites (or servers). Usually, that occurs if the ISP
judges them to contain pornography, speeches of hate, contempt, slander or
defamation, or if they promote gambling, racism, violence or terrorism.. Our
Web site is hosted on a server farm. They allocate a certain amount of space
to us on a large server, which we share with other clients. We don't own our
own server or lease a dedicated server. Therefore, it's possible that other
clients of the same server farm have used it as a base for unethical or
unsavory activities, and that ISPs have blocked us as a result.

Then, too, our name (Secret Weapon Lures) might be enough to get us blocked.
ISPs that are trying to protect (block) their users from access to terrorist
or militant sites might figure we're a threat. We were contacted some time
back by a person about purchases of military ordinance. He claimed to have
gotten our name from a list of weapons dealers supplied by North Korea.
Since we didn't think they were really in the market for high-tech
spinnerbaits, we didn't follow up.

Punch in secret weapons.com and you'll see what he is after.

Just goes to show that mistakes can happen. If you want to contact me
privately and give me the contact information for your ISP, I'll email or
call to see if we're blocked by them.

Ok, but I think Charter would be hard for you to find a competent
person to deal with. I call my one good contact to see what I can
find out.

Joe

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
Yeah, I am on road runner (NEW), and works fine here as well.
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
"Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" wrote in
message
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:34:18 GMT, Chris Rennert
wrote:

A DNS server may have gone down, try going to th is link.
http://216.180.225.50
Nope, neither Netscape or IE will get the page.

Something is screwed up on your end then. I'm using Charter cable and
Secret Weapon's site opens perfectly every time.