Old March 22nd, 2005, 03:24 AM
garry

check out northern saskatchewan and don't just limit yourself to pike, go
for pickeral as well, we find them much more tasty then pike.

anywhere north of la ronge ( about 5 hours drive north of Saskatoon) we have
found has some awesome spots for large fish There are lots of cabins to rent
as well as guides that can take you out with all the rigging

a google search for fishing +la ronge should point you in the direction that
you want to go

lots of lake trout here as well

good luck

garry

"MB" wrote in message
. net...
Repeat of a previous post, but a lot more straightforward - I am looking

for
a place to go fishing for trophy pike over the Labor Day weekend. That

is,
flying in on Friday, 9/2/05, flying home on Monday, 9/5/05. Two solid

days
of fishing, it is what it is when you live in NJ and want to fish in

Canada.
It is just me, one person, no wife, no friends, no kids, just me. I don't
want to be penalized for coming to fish alone and charged any sort of

single
occupancy fee because I can't sell the people around me on coming to

Canada,
I want to be rewarded for coming solo. I don't care about accommodations

so
long as they are clean. I don't care about fancy food so long as there is
some food (and it's clean . All I care about is getting off of a plane
and getting onto a boat with a qualified guide who can put me onto trophy
pike. I'd rather not lug my entire rod, reel and tackle ensemble to

Canada,
but that sounds like the norm. I'd just assume use someone elses well
maintained and condition appropriate rod, reel and tackle, but whatever.

don't mind prop or float planes, so long as they work. I don't mind

driving
the last leg of the trip, so long as it is under 3 hours of driving. I'd
rather be there fishing first thing on Saturday, 9/3, two full days, not
flying up from some overnight in-transit destination to fish 1 1/2 days.
Again, trophy pike, not looking for bass or walleye (unless I'm eating the
latter while talking about the trophy pike that I just caught). Musky are
fine, but I can catch muskies here, I'm looking for trophy pike. Time is
running out, I am not getting a lot of good responses out of these
newsgroups, just spam, junk mail and probably some viruses. I need to

book
something and soon. Please help!